Regional Sales Manager 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Novinium we are driven to succeed and our core values of safety, quality, integrity, innovation, and learning inspire us to be the best at what we do. We are seeking motivated candidates in pursuit of career growth. At Novinium you'll find that our culture is fueled by fun and teamwork. World headquarters is in Kent, WA, an easy reverse commute from Seattle and the Eastside.
_More experience. More success. More breakthroughs._
Novinium is the world leader in technology to rejuvenate and extend the life of underground electrical cables, with a success rate that provides a better-than-new warranty. Our culture of accomplishment, and belief that innovation and exploration power great things, means opportunities to grow your career.
The Regional Sales Manager drives revenue and increases overall adoption of Novinium solutions in the sales territory. This is a customer facing role with an emphasis on understanding Utility customer objectives and aligning Novinium solutions to meet those objectives. The position requires a high level of customer engagement including meetings with key influencers and decision makers. The candidate will work in partnership with Novinium Operations colleagues to ensure that customer and internal objectives are met. The Regional Sales Manager develops new business and manages existing accounts. The Regional Sales Manager works across multiple contact levels from project management to VP levels within Utility companies including Investor Owned Utilities, Municipalities and Cooperatives. The Regional Sales Manager builds and maintains a network of colleagues, partners and customers to share information and advance business growth objectives.
_STRATEGIC ACCOUNT SELLING _
* Strategic account sales ability to shorten typically long buying cycles, navigate multi-person decision making, and ability to manage the RFP process.
* Develop and communicate a strategic sales plan, with a calendar of action items designed to achieve business objectives.
* Strong presentation skills with the ability to concisely develop and deliver compelling, customer focused presentations.
* Ability to inquire and understand customer's objectives, needs, and concerns and align Novinium's solutions to address customer needs.
* Engage appropriate company resources to drive shared objectives.
* Expectation to achieve annual revenue objectives.
_BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT _
* Manage existing customer relationships and develop new business in a multi-state/province territory.
* Present Novinium value proposition to prospective and existing customers.
* Research and understand customer reliability, environmental sustainability and financial objectives to create compelling customer proposals.
* Build a business plan to achieve new customer acquisition objectives and deliver growth and customer satisfaction across existing customer base.
* Utilize company CRM system for sales pipeline, revenue forecast and contact management.
* Present at key industry events/trade shows, as requested by management.
* Communicate and resolve problems including securing change orders when scope changes.
* Communicate project, administrative and market knowledge to internal departments.
* Must be a self-starter, tenacious, maintain a positive outlook, influential, committed, and strategic.
* Must possess deep knowledge of operational practices, scaling large processes and executing key tasks with expert operating principals.
* BA Degree in Business, applied technical discipline or equivalent education preferred.
* Five (5) years of sales experience in the electrical utilities or other industry of large industrial companies required.
* Understanding of the sales cycle, B2B and large account selling skills, cold calling, managing sales funnels, new business generation and prospecting.
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM software (Salesforce preferred), and virtual meeting software tools.
* Able to lead and drive written proposals, including RFP responses.
* Important personal attributes/skills include: communication, organizational skills, relationship building, and contract negotiation.
* Must be able to travel extensively (75%) throughout a multi-state/province territory.
* Use of personal vehicle for local travel needs is required. Standard mileage reimbursement will apply.
* Position based in greater Seattle/Tacoma area with headquarters office in Kent, WA.
This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with company match.