Regional Sales Manager - Mid-West USA 8/31/2016
GSI Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Regional Sales Manager - Mid-West USA
Novanta, Inc. - Cambridge Technology, Inc.
Remote Chicago - Chicago, IL US (Primary)
In this exciting and challenging role you will work for Cambridge Technology. Cambridge Technology is a Global leader in galvanometer based scanning technology and associated mirrors. These products are used in various laser based applications from medical devices, rapid prototyping, converting, marking and coding and many more. Cambridge Technology s products deliver up to 1 micron accuracy and marking speeds of over 1,000 characters per second.
Cambridge Technology is part of Novanta Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: NOVT) and a leading global supplier of precision photonic components and subsystems to OEM's in the Medical, Industrial and Microelectronics markets Join the group and start working with of our team of 1,400 employees in over 15 locations across the world. Novanta was founded in 1968, allowing us to claim nearly 50 years of experience in our areas of expertise.
Our success is driven by our global team of highly talented, experienced and customer-focused professionals. As a Novanta employee you will be part of a fast-paced, growing company that partners very closely with its customers. We focus on operational excellence, leadership, and accountability. If you are a hard-working, self-starter, who is looking to share your ideas, develop your skills, widen your experiences, and you want to make an impact in an exciting and challenging work environment, then Novanta is the workplace for you. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and exciting career opportunities.
Business Website: www.camtech.com
Novanta Website: www.novanta.com
* Manages and directs customer sales within a defined region to achieve sales and profit goals.
* Manage and develop specific OEM customers.
* Develop new OEM customers and markets.
* Directs field distributors & reps where appropriate to achieve customer, sales and profit goals within a territory.
* Arranges Pre- and Post-Sales technical and integration/application support to customer.
* Applies technical and sales knowledge and policies in direct support to customers.
* Sets short and long-term sales strategies to expand OEM customer base, market share and business.
* Defines and quantifies new markets and businesses along with detailed product requirements and definition.
* Perform duties within established company guidelines, policies & procedures.
* Other Sales & Marketing tasks as required to meet company objectives.
* Provide Monthly rolling 12 month sales and bookings forecasts for region by Customer and Product, including new opportunity tracking.
* Provide weekly Sales reports
* Trade Show & Territory/Customer travel as required
* Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
* Requires an engineering bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of sales experience.
* Must have customer relation and communication skills.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Knowledge of commonly-used customer sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
* OEM component/sub-systems sales experience.
* Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and electronics.
* Experience with Laser and optics components and systems.
* Positive attitude, willingness to work with customers.
* Displays a high moral and business code of conduct
* Respectful of customers, peers, subordinates and supervisors.
* Ability to multi-task and be effective in a busy environment
Novanta is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected federal, state/province or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.