Regional Sales Manager-Powersports
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Calumet Specialty Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE AND ROLE:
Managereseller accounts in the Powersports aftermarket in an assigned territory. Provide reseller's employees at all levels ofresponsibility within their respective organizations with the sales tools,product training, and industry knowledge necessary to successfully increasesales of Calumet branded and non-branded products.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage and direct distributor sales force and manufacturers' representatives in assigned region to achieve sales and profit goals.
* Regularly provide product training, sales training, and support to reseller employees at both the distributor and the jobber/dealer levels.
* Identify, define and develop strategies for securing business opportunities within assigned region for all Calumet products.
* Evaluate opportunities and define processes for multiplying own sales efforts.
* Designs and recommends sales programs and sets long and short term sales strategies.
* Implement and facilitate national programs within assigned region as directed and designed by Channel Sales Manager/ Director of Sales
* Foster positive working relations with reseller staff at all levels including the executive level and front line employee level.
* Leverage all marketing initiatives within assigned region to increase sales and cultivate relationships with distributors and dealers.
* Aids Calumet Powersprts distributors in soliciting and servicing potential jobber/dealer and commercial accounts.
* Aids in recruitment and development of new distributors.
* Provides Channel Sales Manager and Director of Sales with a quarterly sales report that includes information about recent activity and interaction with resellers, plans to maximize sales, industry trends and feedback.
* Attends distributors' sales and marketing conferences as deemed appropriate.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Minimum of Associate's Degree or equivalent years of experience in the field.
* Understanding of general lubrication-specificexperience, certifications a plus.
* Ability to travel within North Americaextensively.
* Passport and good driving record.
* Solid understanding of all Calumet resources,services and abilities.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail and commercial aftermarket.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Basic proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines
* Excellent communications skills used in building customer relationships.
* Ability to work autonomously and to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Must be computer literate and have experience working with Microsoft programs and sales CRM/database programs