Regional Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Rolling Meadows, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe NLP Group is excited to share this amazing opportunity with you!!! We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager for the Chicago Region with a background in culinary/professional chef experience or operational experience to join our client's aggressive, fast-paced sales team with responsibility for the metro area of Chicago, IL and surrounding region.
The role of a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is to manage, develop sales, and increase market penetration and brand awareness in their region of responsibility with end customers in all market segments, dealer distribution base, consultant community as well as networking associations and groups. This position is responsible for building contacts, cultivating relationships and developing sales with support and collaboration from the Regional Sales Director to develop market share and sales growth in respective region. The RSM works as a team player and manager in conjunction with the assigned Customer Care Manager.
Our client is a German manufacturer and seller of commercial cooking systems with over 40years of experience. Their U.S. headquarters is in Rolling Meadows, IL, and features individual offices, a well-stocked kitchen and the benefit of professional chefs doing client demonstrations on-site, among other perks.
The role of a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is to manage, develop sales, and increase market penetration and brand awareness in their region of responsibility with end customers in all market segments, dealer distribution base, consultant community as well as networking associations and groups. This position is responsible for building contacts, cultivating relationships and developing sales with support and collaboration from the Regional Sales Director to develop market share and sales growth in respective region. The RSM works as a team player and manager in conjunction with the assigned Customer Care Manager. The job offers a base salary plus bonus and amazing benefits all around.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
* Promote and spread the message of Self-Cooking Center technology through our client's Cooking Live culinary events.
* Increase customer base through customer development within all food service market segments and applicable commercial market segments.
* Increase customer base via developing the Consultant/Designer network for specification.
* Be able to build a strong referral network.
* Ability to solve problems, overcome objections and influence.
* Time management - preplan your daily/weekly/monthly plan. Work your plan and follow up.
* Document customer-related information and activity within our Customer Record Management system.
* Manage and grow territory volume by pursuing both identified opportunities and creating new opportunities.
* Cold calling.
* Chef skills.
* Good listening skills.
* Ability to negotiate and leverage leads.
* Ability to close.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Prepare and manage your region business plan.
* Prepare monthly sales reports/forecasts and provide customer analysis.
* Prepare annual sales budget.
* Develop, implement, and review with Sales Directors, business strategies documented in business and marketing plans needed to secure and sustain growth targets.
* Participation in Regional/National Trade shows and sales meetings.
* Monitor and report issues affecting sales, competitive pressures in the market, and competitor activity.
Working collaboratively with Customer Care Managers, local service agencies and certified chef network.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* A minimum of 5+ years of sales experience with food service operations/chef experience desired; sales and/or marketing experience within the food industry is preferred.
* Associate/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; culinary degree or equivalent experience desired.
* Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Applicable food service certifications preferred.
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills at all levels from Corporate down through all levels.
* Detail oriented.
* Able to work independently and as a team player.
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Enthusiastic, motivated and results-oriented.
* Proven track record of increased sales/revenue.
* Have experience setting budgets, creating plans to meet budgets, and working your plan.
* Computer skills: MS Office.
* Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
* Ability to travel, up to 35% of time.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, designer kitchen drawings, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of a corporation, from the "C" level to a dishwasher.
* Second language, preferably Spanish is a plus but not required.
* Ability to complete basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division; understanding of concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to drive in metropolitan city traffic, walk and take mass transit in metropolitan areas as needed, move easily in and out of a vehicle, move easily in a food service kitchen environment and be able to lift 40 pounds.
* Home office space required. Regional Sales Manager works a minimum of 4.5days per week in the field with adequate time for preplanning, phone calls, follow up and CRM input.
* Vehicle must be clean and reliable with sufficient trunk space to carry all sales and marketing tools necessary.
* Must have a valid driver's license and appropriate automobile insurance.
* Drug-free environment.
* EEO Employer.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Very competitive compensation package with annual bonus.
* Profit sharing after two years.
* Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
All candidates must complete a background check and drug screen with no adverse items in order to be considered for employment with our client. In addition to a highly professional workplace and competitive compensation, our client truly values their employees and offers tremendous growth opportunities.