Regional Sales Manager (Southern California)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tyco Safety Products (TSP) is a division of Tyco International, a worldwide leader in fire protection and electronic security solutions. Within Tyco Safety Products, we design, manufacture, and distribute thousands of products ranging from fire detection and suppression systems, personal protective equipment and intrusion security to access control and video solutions, anti-theft and Electronic Article Surveillance / RFID Systems through our five strategic business units (SBUs): Fire Suppression & Building Products, Fire Detection, Electronic Security & Life Safety.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
* Developing sales opportunities to targeted user segments.
* Provide training and education to authorized distributors on products and sales
* Submit information from distributors and end users to assist the company in programs and product improvements to enhance Scotts position in the marketplace as required.
* Represent Scott Safety at trade associations, industry meetings, fire schools, combat challenges and conferences providing liaison between distributors and customer users.
* Expand, develop, enhance, and manage territory distribution/agent networks.
* Develop and implement distributor annual business plans.
* With the distributor, develop and implement key user account strategic and tactical plans that insure account penetration as well as the achievement of territory sales and profit goals.
* Achieve annual territory business plan sales, marketing, profit, and budget goals.
* Prepare and execute sales proposals, contracts, letters, and other customer correspondence.
* Provide selective reports to management on competitive offerings, pricing, key market information, forecasts for bookings and shipments, and new product developments.
* Provide technical support to agents, distributors, and key end users within region.
* A four year degree with a BS degree in chemistry, engineering, physics or marketing is preferred.
* Minimum 3-5 years of Sales experience (Safety or Industrial Sales preferred).
* Commercial Experience with technical products
* Candidate will have a successful history in the management of distribution partners.