Regional Service Director - Boston, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
The Regional Service Director provides strategic and tactical direction in support of the organization's vision and goals. This position develops initiatives to identify opportunities for strategic enhancements in daily operations. These enhancements will focus on reducing costs, increasing efficiencies and streamlining processes. This position is responsible to provide timely, innovative and cost effective quality service to customers while ensuring that financial objectives are met.
Service Team Leads and Field Service Technicians
* Provide leadership, vision and direction to Service team in a participative approach to achieve the organization's vision and goals.
* Lead a team of direct reports to achieve industry leading levels of service and support for both internal and external customers.
* Mentor and develop the service team while creating a positive working environment where the team will excel through encouragement and empowerment.
* Provide continuous guidance to improve the quality of workmanship throughout the region, to ensure that field on-the-job training assistance is being provided and to ensure effective use of all tools and resources.
* Conduct performance evaluations, salary reviews and corrective action/employee counseling as necessary; document employee performance, attendance, etc.
* Ensure performance, productivity and operational goals are achieved through oversight of the established benchmarks and metrics within the Service team.
* Monitor industry developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
* Develop and implement strategies, tactics and action plans to meet/exceed service goals established for all business units.
* Assist in the preparation of annual financial objectives for the region.
* Prepare annual region revenue forecasts, participate in the determination of market potential, prepare expense budgets for the region and effectively control expenditures while completing all service operations functions.
* Ensure that all service employees are trained to comply with all applicable policies and procedures including health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by the company, customer requirements, and regulatory agencies.
* Ensure that the equipment calibration schedule is maintained.
* Develop and maintain a business climate that establishes, sustains and expands positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and all corporate personnel.
* Assist sales support/marketing personnel in activities such as sales promotions, training, market research, and in executing special projects.
* Assist sales personnel through accurate and timely submission of proposals for sales quoted service products.
* Collaborate with Regional Sales Directors to address customer needs and support equipment sales.
* Initiate cross-functional meetings to drive operational improvements and resolve issues as appropriate.
* Perform audits and ensure compliance with Getinge policies and procedures including but not limited to ISO9000 and FDA standards.
* Devise new processes and refine existing processes in order to optimize operational excellence.
* Manage inventory control of products and parts at multiple sites within region.
* Support and where appropriate, manage the sales of service contracts to all owners of designated equipment.
* Manage completion of all service deliverables as outlined by the service contracts sold and/or other committed service level agreements (SLA).
* Provide regular updates to the Senior Leadership team and other key stakeholders.
* Provide solutions based on the overall company's direction, operations, processes and principles.
* Work flexible hours and weekends to meet business/customer needs.
* Participate in any and all other reasonable work activities as assigned by management.
* Thinking Strategically - strategically agile; anticipates future; shares vision; identifies potential risk/benefits to the business; ensures own action plans are in line with organization strategy.
* Results Orientation - consistent performer; bottom-line focused; pushes self and others; leverages the organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to increase profits and add value; demonstrates awareness of financial issues affecting the organization and closely monitors organizational performance and guides decisions.
* Leading - ensures that individuals understand their roles and objectives; provides development opportunities for direct reports; clearly communicates targets and objectives to team; delegates tasks fairly and efficiently, providing opportunities and expecting results.
* Managing People - encourages and empowers team to become involved in decision making process; rewards people for accomplishments; shares information with others; builds team spirit and pride; listens and consults others and communicates proactively.
* Building Relationships - establishes and maintains good relationships with customers and suppliers; builds strong working relationships based on trust and mutual respect; can identify the proper style of communication required for interaction with varying types of individuals (i.e. stakeholders, customers, co-workers, or direct reports).
* Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent education, training, and experience
* Graduate degree is a plus
EXPERIENCE: * A minimum of 7 (seven) years in a business management/leadership role
* A minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in high volume field service environment
OTHER QUALILFICATIONS: * Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to develop and maintain cooperative business relationships with both internal and external contacts, conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written communication); effectively able to articulate complex ideas.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a highly demanding environment.
* Highly effective planning, problem solving, influencing and decision making skills.
* Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
* Aptitude to learn new technologies and apply them to current environments.
* Ability to develop strategies and tactics to enhance efficiency and effectiveness as related to assigned functions.
* Demonstrated ability to inspire accountability at all levels of the organization and within the team.
* Ability to influence behavioral change within a service organization.
* Demonstrated ability to engage in self-appraisal and continuous learning.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and to exercise sound business judgment in all areas of the operation.
* Ability to recommend/sell services based on observed customer needs.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently without close supervision.
* Ability and willingness to travel as needed on short notice and up to 80% of the time.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to decipher data from computer-generated reports, software programs, technical manuals and written correspondence.
* Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
* Build quality into all aspects of work.
* Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations.
* Must be able to comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations.
* Attend the provided Quality & Compliance training.
* Must practice verbatim compliance with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures.
* Must be competent with the Customer complaint reporting procedures.
* Must be able to promptly