Regional Service Representative 8/18/2016
National Co+op Grocers
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _Attention retail food managers and retail business consultants: Are you interested in work that allows you to grow sales AND support positive social impact Would you like to apply your business and retail expertise to supporting socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores Are you a strong communicator with outstanding customer service _
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) seeks an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for food and retail to join our central corridor retail support team. Internally referred to as our CENTRAL CORRIDOR ADVISOR, this position will be the primary link for regional co-ops to NCG, providing service, support, and advice to help improve their retail execution, grow their businesses, and increase their impact on the communities they serve.
Locally owned by members of the community, co-ops keep their investment dollars in the vicinity by supporting local farmers, food artisans, and other local businesses, and providing jobs for people in the area. Be a part of something great!
This position will be based in NCG's St. Paul, Minnesota office and will include up to 30%travel. NCG's Iowa City, Iowa office would be considered for the right candidate. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
* Facilitating communication between NCG and member retail food co-ops
* Monitoring individual and regional co-op performance and trends
* Providing coaching and assistance to co-ops and co-opmanagers
* Supporting the development and execution of regional and national activities and programs
* Increasing co-op participation in national programs and services that support co-op performance
* Understanding of retail food operations, including basic financial analysis.
* Minimum 5years of retail food store leadership experience (store manager or higher)
* Commitment to excellent customer service
* Ability to mentor co-opmanagers (at all organizational levels) and support their needs
* Skill and experience in building consensus among diverse groups and managing projects to meet objectives
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
* Computer literacy with Microsoft office and CRM software
* Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job
* Familiarity with and understanding of NCG and its consumer cooperatives preferred
* Familiarity with the natural foods industry and trends preferred
* Experience in managing resources within budgetary limitations preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a generous 401K plan and much more.
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 210 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
National Cooperative Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative serving retail food co-ops in the United States. Our 150 member and associate co-ops operate 200 retail food stores in 38 states with combined annual sales in excess of $1.8 billion. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities.