Regional Supplier Development Manager 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Functions as a supply chain professional with primary responsibility to the management of specific suppliers and their products on a regional where single point of contact may be the standard operating procedure in the management of suppliers. Responsible for sourcing and onboarding new regional suppliers and items for all sales channels and managing those relationships toward maximizing sales and profit opportunities for UNFI, and when strategically in alignment, increasing sales opportunities for the supplier. Responsible for interacting with the UNFI Sales organization and UNFI's customer base to conduct market research and determine regionally-focused supplier support as applicable/appropriate. A core subset in the management of supplier relationships, especially in a single point of contact alignment, is fostering an environment of professional interaction which provides a path to growth and profit for both UNFI and its suppliers.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Assists, in coordination with Regional Supplier Development Group Manager, short and long-term strategic objectives/goals relating to regional suppliers to source, establish and development within the specified regional marketplace with retailers.
* Identifies suppliers for product and sales penetration opportunities.
* Networks with industry leaders and builds relationships to facilitate expanded sales opportunities.
* Creates and manages a supplier business environment that builds supplier programs designed to drive profitable sales for UNFI and it suppliers.
* Regularly reviews SKU mix independently, and with cooperation of suppliers, to ensure UNFI distribution centers stock the necessary items required within the marketplace.
* Provides regular instruction to suppliers regarding pricing, procedures, and product insight.
* Researches and analyzes competitive conditions, customer needs, and market trends.
* Designs strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and ensures that strategic supplier selection and plans complement market place needs and includes small emerging suppliers as proposed by other UNFI supply chain and sales associates.
* Documents and reports economic, technological, and competitive factors which may impact business opportunities.
* Ensures resources spent investigating new market opportunities are cost effective and result in productive business relationships.
* Responsible for coordinating and executing strategies in concert with other regions and UNFI business units.
* Responsible for recommending and implementing effective pricing strategies.
* Responsible for the negotiation and subsequent development and implementation of effective promotion strategies.
* Responsible for delivering advertising programs in conjunction with the marketing department.
* Researches and recommends potential strategic alliances with suppliers, third-parties and other entities.
* Responsible for the development of new revenue opportunities consistent with national supply chain and company goals.
* Monitors and manages supplier fill rate performance and develops strategies with the supplier to improve performance metrics without added cost to UNFI.
* Develops and maintains strong relationships with key local customers.
* Bachelor s degree
* Three to five years related experience.
* Excellent understanding of market penetration strategies, market development techniques, and market segmentation strategies, coupled with a high level insight to retailer trends and consumer behaviors.
* Excellent negotiation and management skills.
* Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of promotional techniques, protocols, pricing strategies, distribution channels, and competitive set.
* Strong knowledge of manufacturing, manufacturing costs, and product price components.
* Excellent leadership abilities.
* Able to organize, coordinate, and direct projects
* Strong oral and written communications abilities
* Solid analytical and technical skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Computer literate with ability to use all related hardware and software
* System implementation experience is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.