Regional Truck Driver - CDL Class A NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDriver CDL Class A - Regional Driver
If you're looking for dry ice, you'll find it with Airgas . As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations throughout the country to provide service to key industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies.
Drives truck over established route to deliver products to customers. This position will be for nights and Weekends. Mostly Sundays
* Drives truck to deliver dry ice and hard goods to customer's place of business. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack , and other warehouse equipment.
* Writes customer order and instructions. Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
* Listens to and resolves service complaints. Gives feedback to customer service about customer complaints.
* Cleans inside of truck. Performs pre and post trip inspections on truck according to DOT and company maintenance checklist.
* Complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements.
* Maintain appropriate driver's license.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Class A CDL driver's license with Airbrakes endorsement.
* Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) expectations:
* No preventable accidents in the last three years.
* No DUI in the last seven years.
* No more than two minor moving violations in the last three years.
* No serious violations in the last three years (reckless driving, speeding 15 ).
* No suspensions in the last three years, except for failure to pay child support.
* 1-year experience driving commercial vehicle, or graduation from an accredited truck driving school within the last four years.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
* Retail local delivery route experience strongly desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to calculate percent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The associate must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by DOT regulations for drivers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas USA LLC offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability