Regional Underwriting Manager (Wholesale) - ReqCode 3094221
EverBank - Dallas, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
We are delighted that you have chosen to explore the career opportunities available with EverBank!
The Regional Underwriting Manager is responsible for overseeing the underwriting production and quality of the Regional Operations Center (ROC). Responsibilities include maintaining credit quality based decisions, monitoring and maintaining daily file distribution to insure proper turn times are met, manage the underwriting staff within the ROC to address any problems or issues that arise, handle any ROC specific underwriting issues/problems concerns, and act in the primary loan escalation role for the ROC.
Lead Underwriters to perform, build a productive team, coach and develop underwriters, inspire commitment and camaraderie, mentor to higher levels of credit authority and designations, communicate clearly and with respect. Apply management focus and discipline, build relationships, demonstrate sound judgment and act with speed, Sustain Intensity and optimism, constantly raise the bar and display leadership, professionalism and integrity.
* Work with National Underwriting Manager to train and direct underwriting staff.
* Work with Regional Ops Manager to ensure smooth flow within the ROCbetween Credit, Ops and Sales.
* Develop relationships with Operations and Sales to promote a positive and customer centric environment.
* Manage Quality Control issues. Provide research, responses, training and underwriting procedures as findings require.
* Monitor underwriting quality on an ongoing basis and determine appropriate credit authority levels.
* Provide effective resolution to Underwriting issues/problems.
* Maintain regular communication with the National Underwriting Manager to ensure clear understanding of corporate publications/announcements and maintain regular communication to staff.
* Develop goals for underwriters
* Provide training, coaching and mentoring to increase staff skill sets.
* Work effectively with the National Underwriting Manager and Operations Manager on addressing performance issues with both verbal/ and or written action.
* Complete annual reviews on performance, including loan quality and customer experience qualities.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Must have thorough knowledge of all investor guidelines, and the agency automated underwriting systems.
* Must have the ability to interpret all investor guidelines to make a sound business decision.
* Must understand the sales partner relationship.
* Must be an effective communicator able to discuss issues/problems with internal and external business partners to resolve underwriting issues/problems.
* Strong Ability to lead and manage the staff underwriters within the branch to meet both turn time and quality requirements. Proven ability to recruit and retain skilled underwriters.
* Must be able to maintain a positive attitude at all times with the ability to motivate and encourage the underwriters to meet their production goals.
* Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
* Strong analytical skills and ability to make sound business decisions
Training and Experience
* Must have 5+ years of experience in both Management and Conventional/Government Underwriting with a proven track record in management and supervision.
* Ability to manage a staff of 15 or more underwriters experience required.
* Strong interpersonal skills and must be an excellent team player.
* Wholesale Background preferred.
* Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
* Good time management and process efficiency skills ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button