Regional Urogenomic Liaison - Los Angeles
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The successful candidate is responsible for achieving annual sales objectives for a defined territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer relationships. These customers include Urologists, Uropathologists, Radiation Oncologists, and Pathologists.
Planning and Implementation
The RUL will develop and implement a plan to maximize the utilization of our products in the most productive (targeted) accounts while staying within budget. The plan should support the corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of our key selling messages. It should also include providing a high-level of service toward being the best in class for an assay provider. The RUL plans are working documents used to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. The plans should emphasize the need to build & maintain comprehensive relationships and develop key contact & account records in GHI Salesforce system to manage these relationships with GHI. To do this plan the RUL must have, or be able to quickly develop, a clear understanding of key territory-related clinical / political issues. The RUL will devote whatever time is necessary to complete objectives outlined in the sales plan.
The RUL will be required to successfully complete all training programs and deal proficiently with the concepts and complexities associated with genomic testing and with all GHI products. He / She should be able to invest the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding all disease states associated with our products and the strengths and weaknesses of our competition. The RUL should be able to effectively communicate appropriate technical, therapeutic, disease state, and product information to target customers that will result in patient access and utilization of our products.
Pofessionalism and Commitment
The RUL needs to strive for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development. The RUL is valued for his/her contribution to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production. In addition, the RUL will be required to attend various sales meetings and professional conferences around the US on as needed basis. It will be critical for the RUL to work closely with sales management and marketing understand and communicate our product sales and marketing messages. As a stock holder the RUL will continuously be on the lookout for talented people to recruit to GHI and may be asked to assist in the interview process as well as other support activities such as public relations efforts.
The RUL provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to all parties involved in the sales of our products. The RUL will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company (national, regional & area teams). The RUL will work with Managed Care, Reimbursement, patients (including patient support groups), GHI Advocacy group and providers to insure access to our products.
* A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree
* 10+ years sales experience in selling with a strong record of success promoting complex products in Urology and/or Diagnostics or similar experience in selling/marketing products in complex Biotech products.
* Proven large territory and large account management skills with a deep understanding of how to navigate products / process throughout large institutions.
* Management and/or team lead experience will be a big plus as is Marketing / Managed Care experience.
* Deep understanding (or strong ability to quickly learn) and familiarity with clinical research in cancer. Competitive candidates will be comfortable with investigators and may have worked as MSL s.
* Have a tight relationship or demonstrated ability to quickly develop one with national opinion leaders in oncology and pathology within their target territory.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
* Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
* Ability to think, plan, and act strategically.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage and / or company / medical meetings.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Travel Requirements:50% Travel
* Suitable vehicle, valid automobile insurance, valid driver s license, good standing DMV record
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
* Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary;
* Use of computer, and or telephone for long periods of time may be necessary.
* A considerable amount of time can be spent listening, and communicating including face to face discussions clients and other people
* Some time may be spent communicating in various written forms including presentation material and email with other people
* At times, stress may be experienced
* Considerable amount of work performed within a home office
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.