This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Senior Care Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of the operations function of the region. Responsible to train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
* Current licenses as required by state law
* Familiarity with long-term care and/or healthcare services
* Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
* Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
* Ability to speak clearly and hear well enough to communicate with sources
* Ability to complete assignments while having constant interruptions
* Must be capable of performing the Essential Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Participative management type--advocates team concept
* Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature
* Ability to establish credibility and be decisive but able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
* Reviews and approves adequate plans for the budget spending, labor efficiency and customer service
* Assist with family questions and concerns with resolving issues and explains related company actions and decisions
* Defines and recommends specific short-term and long-term plans and programs
* Coordinates and collaborates with administrators establishing and carrying out responsibilities
* Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly to Regional Vice President (RVP) and recommends compensation for them
* Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility
* Prepares annual budget with other corporate representative by reviewing past years budget and the plan it supports by meeting established census, revenue and expense targets
* Provides input to purchasing for all budgeted capital expenditures and purchases above guideline amounts
* Provides input to marketing call plans, amount / type of marketing training needed for facility and request for advertising budget and its use.
* Keeps Administrators informed as to company / department plans and progress
* Helps with renovation needs of the facility and gains appropriate support for renovations.
* Represents the company in communication, public relations and marketing calls in the community
* Promotes and maintains pro-active, positive employee relations programs.
* Follows, interprets and enforces corporate personnel policies.
* Communicates clearly and responsively on issues arising in facilities to decision makers who are outside of the facility and follows-up to minimize impact of issues.
* Reviews administrators' performance at least annually and makes recommendations for merit increases and initiates performance improvement plans for administrators who fail to meet company expectations.
* Terminates administrators for performance related issues or for unethical behavior
* Reviews financial statements monthly and identifies items which do not fall within established parameters; identifies cause of budget discrepancies and reviews with administrators
* Communicates budget, provides assistance and guidance to administrators in maintaining appropriate budget levels. Teaches or coaches administrators in meeting financial requirements
* Installs and manages facility procedures / systems consistent with Senior Care Centers needs
* Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
* Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests
* Use appropriate work place behavior and adhere to dress code at all times
* As this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, the employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
* Supports Senior Care Centers
* Is knowledgeable of patient / resident rights and promotes an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment
* Supports and participates in common teamwork
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment
* Reports complaints, problems and concerns regarding co-workers, management or residents in accordance with company policy
* Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned
* Agrees to comply with the Code of Conduct