Regional Vice President - Assisted Living Facilities 8/23/2016
Senior Care Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES: Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of the operations function for all Assisted Living facilities. Responsible to train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
* 8-10years of leadership experience
* Multi-site leadership of Assisted Living Facilities (experience having overseen at a minimum 5+ locations)
* Current licenses as required by state law as a Licensed Nursing Facility Administrator
* Experience managing Assisted Living facilities
* Familiarity with long-term care and/or healthcare services
* Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
* Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
* Ability to speak clearly and hear well enough to communicate with sources
* Ability to complete assignments while having constant interruptions
* Must be capable of performing the Essential Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Participative management type-advocates team concept
* Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature
* Ability to establish credibility and be decisive but able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
* Reviews and approves adequate plans for the budget spending, labor efficiency and customer service
* Assist with family questions and concerns with resolving issues and explains related company actions and decisions
* Defines and recommends specific short-term and long-term plans and programs
* Coordinates and collaborates with administrators establishing and carrying out responsibilities
* Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly to Regional Vice President (RVP) and recommends compensation for them
* Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility
* Prepares annual budget with other corporate representative by reviewing past years budget and the plan it supports by meeting established census, revenue and expense targets
* Provides input to purchasing for all budgeted capital expenditures and purchases above guideline amounts
* Provides input to marketing call plans, amount / type of marketing training needed for facility and request for advertising budget and its use.
* Keeps Administrators informed as to company / department plans and progress
* Helps with renovation needs of the facility and gains appropriate support for renovations.
* Represents the company in communication, public relations and marketing calls in the community
* Promotes and maintains pro-active, positive employee relations programs.
* Follows, interprets and enforces corporate personnel policies.
* Communicates clearly and responsively on issues arising in facilities to decision makers who are outside of the facility and follows-up to minimize impact of issues.
* Reviews administrators' performance at least annually and makes recommendations for merit increases and initiates performance improvement plans for administrators who fail to meet company expectations.
* Terminates administrators for performance related issues or for unethical behavior
* Reviews financial statements monthly and identifies items which do not fall within established parameters; identifies cause of budget discrepancies and reviews with administrators
* Communicates budget, provides assistance and guidance to administrators in maintaining appropriate budget levels. Teaches or coaches administrators in meeting financial requirements
* Installs and manages facility procedures / systems consistent with Senior Care Centers needs
* Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
* Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests
* Use appropriate work place behavior and adhere to dress code at all times
* As this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, the employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
* Supports Senior Care Centers
* Is knowledgeable of patient / resident rights and promotes an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment
* Supports and participates in common teamwork
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment
* Reports complaints, problems and concerns regarding co-workers, management or residents in accordance with company policy
* Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned
* Agrees to comply with the Code of Conduct