Regional Vice President, Sales, Central
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Regional Vice President, Sales, Central
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, the Regional Vice President (RVP), Sales provides strategic vision, thought leadership and robust account management to Equinix Inside Sales teams to drive accelerated new business orders and revenue growth in key markets. The RVP provides direction to the Equinix Sales Teams in planning, organizing, leading and controlling sales growth initiatives, client relationship building and customer satisfaction. Actively engages with sales engineering, finance, marketing, field sales and clients in the development of new and expanded client revenue streams.
* Builds a high performing Sales organization able to achieve superior results, growing business with existing customers, and closing new opportunities and new logos
* Attracts, recruits, trains, and retains exceptional sales talent
* Facilitates the working relationships with the direct and indirect sales channels, Regional Leadership Teams, Marketing and Sales Engineering organizations
* Creates a vision for the Sales organization by creating a strategic roadmap to attain global and regional metrics
* Provides focused training or mentoring, knowledge and sales efforts to increase traction, client penetration, learning and sales
* Provide leadership and guidance
* Define and report on metrics to measure performance of Sales activities
* Coaches in applying sales discipline and best practices to penetrate new accounts and continually work to improve client satisfaction
* Supports the development of sales proposals, configurations and pricing strategies that win against the competition
* Partners to expand existing client base to drive broader opportunities and insure proper alignment and sales resource allocation within new and existing customers
* At least 12-15 years of experience leading a sales team within a high-tech organization
* Tier 1 technology company experience
* People management experience 5+ years
* Key strengths: Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, Enterprise hardware and software
* Network infrastructure working knowledge
* Strong global knowledge and experience selling internet, network or website-related product or service solutions to end-users
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, IT discipline and/or related field.
* A proven track record of developing and winning new business - achievement/over-achievement versus annual quota ownership
* Demonstrated ability to function effectively at senior levels within a highly matrix business environment
* Strategic thinker with a strong sales mentality
* Excellent personal and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ability to manage and analyze all areas associated with sales activities and processes (e.g., Account Plans, Salesforce.com, target market planning) to ensure primary goals are achieved and appropriate attention is dedicated to prospecting and calling on client