Registered Charge Nurse - RN Charge - Inpatient Rehab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY St. Francis Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Topeka, Kans. (estab. 1909)
* A tertiary care facility serving 12 counties in northeast Kansas
* 1,660 associates and 297 medical staff
* 378 beds
* 20 regional clinics
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Department
* General & Bariatric Surgery
* Heart & Vascular Center
* Joint & Spine Centers
* Rehabilitation Services
* Womens Services
Our multispecialty care community works together to pioneer inspired, innovative care in our mission to improve the health and lives of those we serve.
This position has responsibility for the management of patient care provided by department personnel. The incumbent assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of the departmental patients in order to ensure that patients and families receive an optimum level of care.
* Provide clinical support and act as a resource to nursing staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
* Ensure continuity of appropriate patient care by planning staff assignments, providing direct patient care, and evaluating outcome of patient care.
* Promote positive public relations and act as a liaison with patients, physicians, significant others, visitors and staff in ancillary departments.
* Participate in performance improvement activities.
* Participate in the selection, training, development and evaluation of subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resources policies and organization philosophy.
* Contribute to the development of nursing staff by identifying learning needs and assisting in meeting these needs.
* Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity.
* Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
* Three years of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required