This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Davis Monthan Afb, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Registered Dietitian candidates to support the US Air Force located at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson, Arizona.
* Provide professional nutrition services and programs to all Government beneficiaries including active duty military, military family members, DoD civilians, and retirees.
* Plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate all Health and Wellness Center (HAWC) nutrition-related primary, secondary and tertiary prevention education programs and services in accordance with Air Force instructions, guidelines, and population needs.
* Administer nutrition assessment, prescriptions and counseling, comprehensive nutrition prevention programs, chronic disease management protocols with a nutrition component and various other health and nutrition programs/activities that meet the needs of the installation community.
* Serve as the nutrition consultant to the Director Base Medical Service and the Air Force community and its agencies.
* Coordinate with HAWC staff (Health Educator, Fitness Program Manager and Information Manager) to deliver programs in a variety of community settings to include individual unit worksites, community facilities, and the MTF.
* Implement/execute nutrition policy and program requirements in accordance with instruction and guidance established by the Air Force Surgeon General, Major Command (MAJCOM) Health Promotion Directors (HPDs), and Headquarters Air Force/MAJCOM nutrition consultants.
* Assess nutrition needs for the base population using sound epidemiological principals; routinely analyze all available and applicable assessment tools to assess the nutrition status and needs of the beneficiary population and determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition education and clinical protocols based on installation population health data and priorities.
* Employ evidenced-based nutrition education and behavior change theories to develop, budget, coordinate, implement, market and evaluate comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary nutrition programs and services, as well as other related health and wellness programs, aimed at nutrition improvement and disease prevention/intervention for the beneficiary population.
* Regularly research, develop, acquire, and maintain materials, aides, techniques and implement evidence-based nutrition and behavior change theories necessary to deliver effective, comprehensive nutrition programs, activities and services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
* Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for clients referred from the MTF and establishes nutrition-related chronic disease management protocols.
* Maintain data quality management (e.g. coding, Medical Expense and Performance Reporting System (MEPRS)) and reporting requirements in program execution.
* Document nutrition education and/or therapy in accordance with ADA Nutrition Care Process, ADA Nutrition Care Manual, and AF Dietetics Nutrition Care guidelines and other applicable standards.
* Serves as the nutrition education and medical nutrition therapy expert, consultant, and advocate to support a comprehensive Air Force Fitness Program for the installation.
* Provide expertise to implement and evaluate nutrition education programs for all populations.
* Provide expertise to develop, deliver and evaluate nutrition-related training programs for professional staff and colleagues on Health Promotion (HP)-related topics.
* Participate in annual strategic planning to develop Health Promotion Program (HPP) goals and objectives to align with Major Command and Air Force HPO strategic plan.
* Communicate and coordinate nutrition programs among local leadership and target customers/beneficiaries.
* Employ appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
* Participate in teleconferences, updates, working groups, review panels, symposiums, etc. related to nutrition education/MNT programming, management or operations.
* Deliver briefings, educational sessions, seminars, and worksite wellness programs as needed.
* Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external Air Force HP customers.
* Master s degree in nutrition education, health promotion or community nutrition desired.
* Certification in Adult Weight Management by the American Dietetic Association (ADA) or must obtain within one year of hire/appointment. Certification in childhood and adolescent weight management by the ADA is
desirable. License cannot be under investigation nor have any adverse action pending from a State Board or national licensing/certification agency.
* Knowledge of wide range of principles, practices and procedures of the science of dietetics required to conduct nutrition program activities, evaluate referrals, and deliver medical nutrition therapy; extensive knowledge of
medical nutrition therapy and coding related to the nutrition care process is required. * Knowledge of planning, implementation, and evaluation techniques and principles as they apply to nutrition programming and education.
* Knowledge of wide range of chronic diseases, prognosis, medication, treatment methods and disease response to medical nutrition therapy to apply this information to individual nutrition needs; skill in applying knowledge to
difficult, complex problems of patient care.
* Knowledge of behavior change theories and skill in behavior modification to facilitate effective promotion of weight gain prevention, weight loss, and weight loss maintenance, adoption of healthy lifestyles and disease
prevention. * Knowledge of marketing and social marketing principles to effectively promote a comprehensive nutrition program.
* Knowledge of adult learning theory, teaching techniques and practical experience conducting a variety of individual and group nutrition education, activities and skills development classes.
* Knowledge of human behavior, motivational strategies, and counseling techniques to promote nutrition to groups and individuals with varying health status and at varying degrees of readiness to change.
* Knowledge of evidence-based approaches to provide point-of-purchase nutrition education or modified sales techniques in a variety of food service venues.
* Knowledge of the medical functions of the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) and base agencies to coordinate activities; familiarity with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and Air Force Health and
Wellness Center experience a plus. * Knowledge of the strategic planning process to plan, facilitate and execute a short and long-term community nutrition action plan.
* Proficiency in basic computer applications for word processing, record keeping, presentations, and nutrition assessment (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Outlook).
* Have current Basic Life Support certification.
* Maintain required continuing education for certification currency.
* A minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in wellness or nutrition education.