Registered Dietician - Home Health (PRN) - ReqCode 1063020
Join a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Assesses the nutritional needs and food patterns of home care patients. Responsible for planning the provision of food and drink appropriate for the individual's physician / medical needs and environmental conditions as well as providing nutritional education and counseling to meet normal and therapeutic needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Completes nutrition assessment and recommends appropriate diet, caloric intake, supplements or changes as per Physician's orders.
* Develops short and long-term goals and discharge plans upon initial assessment and revises as patient progress or conditions changes. Goals are appropriate and completed within a timely manner.
* Instructs patient/family in proper diet and food preparation.
* Case conferences with Nursing Supervisor / Primary Nurse and other professional disciplines providing service to patient as per Agency request.
* Facilitates effective communication among other clinicians providing care to patient
* Completes and submits required documentation within established agency guidelines
* Documentation of visits and telephone contacts are thorough, accurate, complete and appropriate to patient goals and physician plan of care.
* Evaluates the need for and orders necessary equipment.
* Integrates the work, efforts, goals and discharge plans of the Nutrition Plan with other team members.
* Acts as a referral source for staff, families, physicians on services and equipment related to respiratory services. Promotes services offered through communication with potential referral sources, including onsite visits, attendance at expositions, fairs, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Graduate of an accredited University or college with a degree in Food / Nutrition / Dietetics.
* Licensed to practice in state of hire as an Dietician.
* One (1) year experience as an Dietician.
* Prior home care experience preferred.
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Pass a physical examination after being offered employment and a health assessment annuallythereafter. Must obtain a statement from MD stating that the employee is free of communicablediseases.*
* Ability to travel day-to-day within geographic areas.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations,reposition a bedbound patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift ,and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
* May be exposed to dog / cat hair, dust, mold, mildew and household cleaning solutions.
* May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings.
* May be exposed to high crime areas within the service community.
* Endure exposure to weather and temperature extremes.
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!