Registered Electrical Engineer
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and a myriad of other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to provide electrical design expertise to our Engineering and Architectural Services (EAS) department and support construction management activities to assigned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares electrical power, lighting, distribution, telecommunication, fire alarm, data and security system designs at the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project.
* Analyzes design and construction issues for solutions and/or incorporation.
* Develops technical specifications as required.
* Performs professional review and analysis of electrical designs and construction.
* Confirms that design appears fundamentally sound and conforms to applicable codes.
* Establishes design, equipment and various system standards.
* Performs constructability reviews.
* Conducts on-site observation of work to evaluate compliance with plans and analyze field changes.
* Evaluates building and site conditions and prepares technical reports of investigations.
* Performs value engineering analysis and review.
* Performs commissioning of electrical systems.
* Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
* Assists the estimating department in the development of conceptual and detailed cost projections.
* Stamps engineering documents as required.
* Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in electrical engineering or related field required.
* Minimum 3 years position related work experience in building electric design.
* State of California Professional Engineer (PE) license required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of applicable codes and standards required.
* Knowledge of the architecture, engineering and construction management industry.
* Effective computer skills, including proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, DWG Viewer, AutoCAD LT, Photoshop and specialized software appropriate to professional qualification required.
* Knowledge of ETAP Power Design software desired but not required.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
* Ability to gather and interpret complex data and resolve uncommon problems.
* Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, initiative, communication, teamwork and analytical thinking.
* Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work and customer satisfaction.
Must be able to obtain security clearance to perform work on secured government facilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment. Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric
conditions and cramped quarters. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Must frequently travel and relocate. Must travel approximately 10%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
PLEASE ATTACH A PROJECT LIST IN ADDITION TO RESUME, FOR REVIEW
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..