Registered Nurse Administrative Coordinator (RN) - Med Surg Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Med Surg Unit 5 West
The Med/Surg Night Administrative Coordinator functions as the management liaison for the Med/Surg patient care unit during the night. Provides nursing expertise in the management of patient care, staffing, and interpreting and implementing established policies and procedures.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Adolescent, adult and geriatric.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervises patient care delivery; identifies opportunities for improvement in systems and processes and takes appropriate action.
* Utilizes effective means of communication to keep staff updated, e.g. shift huddles
* Serves as a resource to unit staff and charge nurses and assists in patient care as needed
* Facilitates the promotion of teamwork; models desired behaviors
* Identifies learning needs of staff and ensures that needs are addressed.
* Assists manager in evaluating performance, coaching and counseling staff
* Promotes, coaches, and effectively supervises service initiatives that result in high levels of patient, family, and physician satisfaction.
* Performs daily nurse leader rounds; follows up on issues as needed and recognizes outstanding staff performance.
* Demonstrates effective conflict resolution and service recovery skills.
* Demonstrates ICARE values and customer service standards
* Demonstrates effectiveness in identifying and resolving problems
* Monitors and analyzes work methods, staff scheduling, unit systems, and patient flow and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure a high level of service quality
* Implements performance improvement projects
* Follows all safety rules while on the job.
* Collaborates with charge nurses to expedite patient flow and effective patient progression.
* Demonstrates good judgment in decisions involving staffing and productivity.
* Assists in ensuring accurate payroll by performing daily timecard maintenance and coaching staff on use of scheduling and payroll tools.
* Serves as a mentor/preceptor and actively participates on committees, performance improvement teams and quality improvement initiatives.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor s Degree in Nursing (BSN) required
3 Years experience in an acute care setting required.
1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current license to practice as an RN in the State of Texas
Current CPR and ACLS (ACLS may be completed within 3 months)
Certification in specialty desirable; required within 12 months
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to write and speak effectively in English
Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills with all levels of healthcare team
Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities.
Ability to judge the appropriate action needed in response to change, circumstances and problems.
Basic computer literacy including keyboarding skills, ability to utilize Outlook, MethOD and the ability to navigate in a Windows environment.
See attached ADA Activity checklist
Hospital environment, May include exposure to hazardous chemicals and blood borne pathogens. Adherence to universal precautions is required.
Must be able to push, pull, and lift items weighing greater than 25 pounds.
Extended periods of standing and walking are required.
Able to flex hours and work days to meet need related to unanticipated acuity, volume changes, staffing, and/or problems; majority of hours will be worked on the night shift
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.