Registered Nurse - Assessment and Triage (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
Falls Church, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08409-11995
Dominion offers a full range of treatment programs with a special focus on crisis intervention and stabilization through our inpatient and partial hospitalization programs. Dominion is the only hospital in the region to offer unique children s psychiatric programs. Our inpatient programs provide 24-hour nursing care along with the full spectrum of psychiatric services, while our partial hospitalization program provides a highly structured environment during the day that allows patients to return home at night.
The individual is responsible for facilitating admissions to the hospital services in collaboration with the medical staff by assessing, planning, evaluating and documenting necessary and required information on patients. He/she will work closely with all healthcare providers to facility and coordinate efficient, effective, quality healthcare. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development across the life span; possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient s clinical status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements related to his or her age-specific needs. He/she will implement and comply with all the policies, procedures and standards of the unit, department and the institution. The Assessment Counselor must be available for weekend coverage and float onto inpatient units as the need presents.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
* Uses competent clinical skills in completing behavioral health assessments.
* Monitoring of potential and/or current patients needs, utilizing technology.
* Gives concise report to physicians in order to obtain appropriate placement for patients per physician.
* Understand and abides by admission criteria.
* Respects confidentiality, privacy, safety, and patient rights.
* Completes insurance precertifications in a timely fashion.
* Notifies physician of problems with precertifications and need for peer-to-peer review in a timely fashion.
* Maintains a helpful and courteous attitude during phone calls.
* Utilizes therapeutic communication on the phone and in person with patients and families.
* Utilizes professional communication with physicians, referral sources, and hospital staff.
* Remains up to date with admissions processes, insurance information and hospital policies.
* Ability to float to other units as needed.
* Any additional functions as designated by leadership.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Nursing required.
Licensure: current RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia/compact state.
Certifications: CPR-Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required.
Crisis Prevention Institute completed as a part of the general hospital orientation.
Experience: 3 years in a behavioral health setting, including the treatment of children, adolescents and adults or related experience.
Last Edited: 11/18/2016