Registered Nurse - Cancer Center-Infusion Unit (CLIN NURSE 2)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Registered Nurse - Cancer Center-Infusion Unit (CLIN NURSE 2)
40 ; 100%
Cancer Cntr-Infusion Unit MZ
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center is the only center in the Bay Area to receive the prestigious designation of "comprehensive" from the National Cancer Institute. We treat all forms of cancer.
With new facilities, expanded programs and innovative research, we help cancer patients live longer and fuller lives. The center ranks first in California and sixth nationwide in National Cancer Institute research grants, and is home to pioneers in research into genetic, cellular and immune system causes and responses to cancer.
* Utilizes the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care
* Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary and nursing teams; carries out established nursing procedures and performs related duties as required
* Performs nursing care for patients with more complex needs with assistance and supervision
* Assists with the management of patient care administered by other members of the nursing team
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California
* Current American Heart Association CPR Certification
* Infusion and Transfusion Areas Only: Current Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification within 6 months of hire date.
* Two (2) or more years of recent RN adult clinical Oncology Nursing experience.
* Knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to this position
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Demonstrates evidence of basic analytic thinking necessary to care for a group of complex patients such as oncology and a high degree of attention to detail.
* Must demonstrate observational skills and the ability to set priorities. Ability to function independently and effectively with shifting priorities and considerable pressure.
* Must be able to function under stress and with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must demonstrate effective skills in applying hospital standards in area of service, team work, communication, respect for others, and time/priority management. See also Living Pride Standards.
* Ability to delegate tasks in a style that is consistent with promoting leadership and teamwork, seeking assistance as needed; ability to demonstrate leadership experience that support teamwork, professionalism, high quality patient experience, evidence based clinical practice, or other relevant topics.
* Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with physicians, nurses, and other medical staff. Contributes to team building through participation in unit programs and meetings; contributes to positive morale, using constructive and effective conflict resolution skills.
* Demonstrates ability to remain current in professional and technical knowledge and apply this to the job; looks for opportunities for continual improvement in patient care, the work environment, and a commitment to lifelong learning in the field of nursing.
* Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
* Active American Heart Association CPR certification
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.