Registered Nurse Care Manager - Saint Joseph Hospital PRN 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The RN Care Manager is involved in the coordination of care and services for patients admitted to Saint Joseph Hospital who are identified as needing assistance or meeting Case Management criteria. The Case Manager is responsible for care coordination, discharge planning, and utilization review. Information is gathered via an in-depth assessment that provides the healthcare team with the patients prior level of functioning, access to and/or use of community resources and available support systems. This information is used to assist the care team in developing a plan of care which includes, but is not limited to: assuring appropriateness of services and care setting, assuring individualized support and education, determining the need for continued services, planning for discharge, and identifying and connecting patients/families with available community resources if needed.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* BSN required within 5 years of employment
* Current RN license in the state of CO
* Minimum of three years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting
* Knowledge and experience with managed care
* Three years case management experience in an acute care setting using evidence-based criteria for screening medical necessity
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.