This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Practice Manager and Director of Nursing, this position is responsible for performing the duties of an office Registered Nurse as well as acting as a clinical resource for the medical practice.
* Answers incoming calls from doctors and patients. Triages calls from patients, Doctor to Doctor line and other physician offices. Facilitates urgent and routine appointments as needed and manages prescription refill requests. Responsible for post-surgery follow up calls and appointment scheduling. Answers patient questions and exhibits strong telephone interviewing skills.
* Performs duties related to assisting the physician in the care of patients, including scheduling of tests; ordering of supplies, equipment, films and scans; monitoring and following up test results in collaboration with the physician and assisting with in-office procedures. Performs vitals signs, EKG's and medication administration including injections as directed by the physician.
* Provides oversight, delegation and acts as a resource to unlicensed staff including Medical Assistants, Certified Nursing Assistants and Nursing Students.
* Documents patient file according to APG/BIDHC policy and maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
* Serves as a clinical resource for support staff and practice as needed. Assists support staff with issues or patient concerns that require immediate attention or conflict resolution. Provides on-going education and training to others in the practice. Continues to update clinical knowledge and skills though consultation, the review of literature and formal and informal education including CEU's.
* Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
* License Nursing License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* At least 1-3 years in a clinical setting, preferably primary care. The ability to assume responsibility for the coordination of patient care in an outpatient setting while working as part of a team of both professional and non-professional staff.
* Experience with computer systems such as MS Word, Outlook and Excel and with Clinical Computing (CCC).
* Outstanding customer service skills. Able to respond in stressful situations with a pleasant demeanor.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
HOURS = FULL-TIME (BENEFITS) 30-hours/week, Monday-Friday.
BIDHC-Chelsea general practice offers primary care medicine for adults of all ages, including geriatrics and elderly care, with easy access to specialists. A variety of on-site services, including bone density screenings and mammograms, provide maximum convenience for patients. Russian and Spanish-speaking primary care physicians (PCPs) provide access to patients whose first language is not English. In addition to those languages, the practice also offers a translation line to support any patients in the office who do not speak English.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf