Registered Nurse - Clinic Administrator - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Registered Nurse - Clinic Administrator - Full Time
Job Id: 44382
At Concentra\'s Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, CBOC, you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare providers who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Clinic Administrator, you will:
Position is a clinical specialist or consultant requiring comprehensive specialized health and medical care knowledge. Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to patients with diseases and injuries seeking treatment in the clinic as directed by physician. Supervises support staff, such as clinical and administrative staff.
* Makes daily rounds of all clinic areas to insure that compliance with OSHA and ADA and will correct any deficiencies immediately. Maintains clinic areas in a safe, friendly, and comfortable environment for patients, guests and employees.
* Inventories and orders medications, supplies, office supplies and other supplies on a bi-monthly basis.
* Conducts quarterly emergency drills, involving all clinic personnel. Will submit a synopsis of the drill and corrective action to the corporate office.
* Conducts quarterly fire drills.
* Investigates all patients complaints immediately and then completes a Patient Occurrence report and submits a copy immediately to the Concentra Healthcare, RVP and CCO.
* Responsible for maintaining the professional and educational competencies and requirements for all staff members.
* Analyzes nursing techniques and recommends modifications.
* Provides assistance in developing guides and manuals for specific aspects of nursing services.
* Prepares educational materials and assists in planning and developing health and educational programs for patients.
* Escorts patients, interviews patients, measure vital signs, such as pain assessment, pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, height and weight and records information on patient s electronic medical records.
* Educates patients on related health issues and healthy lifestyle choices.
* Performs the annual and routine nursing assessments and performs preventive health services authorized by the VA and the Clinic Medical Director
* Preps patients and assists with examinations.
* Observes patients and reports adverse actions or reactions to the clinic physician.
* Completes patient incident reports and submits copies immediately to Valor Healthcare corporate office, SVP
* Administers medications, as appropriate or ordered by a medical provider, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and notes time, and amount in patients electronic charts, applies compresses, ice bags and hot compress as ordered.
* Operates EKG and other diagnostic equipment to administer routine diagnostic test and treatments, including glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen equipment, spirometry, etc.
* Collects lab specimens, including but not limited to urine, blood and sputum from patients for testing and may perform waived laboratory test on these specimens.
* Dresses wounds and incisions, interprets physician s instructions to patients, assists with emergencies, and performs related tasks as directed.
* Cleans treatment rooms, equipment and supplies using Wexcide solution.
* Submits any received laboratory and radiology results to medical providers.
* Inputs all patients information into VIST/CPRS.
* Advises in services available through community resources.
* Completes any and all clinical reminders due at the time of each patient s visit.
* Baccalaureate degree, associate degree or diploma certificate in registered nursing, graduate degree preferred.
* Current license or certification as a Registered Nurse (RN) from the state in which the clinic is located.
* Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
* Minimum four years experience as a registered nurse
* Minimum of one year of administrative experience, preferred.
* Ensures employees follow direct chain of command
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
* Clinic environment
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off/Holidays
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.