Registered Nurse General - Behavioral Health Obs - Full Time Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01541-13654
Days (rotating weekends)
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
* Promotes the Profession of Nursing
* Creative problem solving skills using critical thinking, active listening skills and empathy
* Adheres to and promotes proactive patient, personal and facility safety
* Demonstrates a professional approach to open and honest communication skills
* Delegation skills in receiving and assigning responsibilities
* Promotes positive Customer Service with a Patient and Family Centered Care Philosophy
* Seeks opportunities to improve care or system process; Incorporates Performance Improvement principles and data
* Supports and contributes to the success of the hospital s mission and vision
* Meets Standard of Practice and Care using established policies and procedures of the facility
* Maintains a collegial responsibility for team building on all levels including knowledge sharing and educating
* Ensures care is delivered with an awareness to resource management
* Active case management of the patient s healthcare process
* Promotes positive customer service with colleagues, physicians, guests, patients and vendors.
* Maintains unit specific competencies as attached.
* Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Assumes the role as Team Leader to serve as a clinical resource in the application and adherence of hospital policies and procedures, as well as standards of care in the provision and supervision of patient care using the nursing process
* Promotes quality patient care ensuring patient care meets all national, corporate, and hospital quality standards of care
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification where required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS;
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
Current acute clinical care experience preferred
Current Nevada license to practice Nursing
Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/21/2016