Registered Nurse General - Infusion Therapy - Part Time Evenings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01541-13544
Evenings (rotating weekends)
The Registered Nurses manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Utilizing the nursing process, provides care for patients with cancer.
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Cares for patients requiring long term pain management.
* Cares for patients receiving chemotherapy.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
EDUCATION: Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification were required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS;
CPR required. Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
EXPERIENCE: Current acute clinical care experience in the area of infusion is highly preferred;
Current Nevada license to practice Nursing. Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
AGE SPECIFIC DATA: Maintains current knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and
Demonstrates the ability to incorporate knowledge into nursing process.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 08/15/2016