Registered Nurse - HIV Primary Care Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
To facilitate and coordinate care of patients (adolescent, adult & geriatric) with HIV infection. Serves as a resource for Christiana Care Health Services employees. Serves as liaison to the community. Provides educational materials and inservice for health care workers
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Functions as a role model and resource person in the clinical setting demonstrating competency in clinical judgment and a strong knowledge base of current clinical practice
* Assesses the physical and psychosocial health status of clients through the collection of health data. Plans and initiates appropriate intervention within scope of practice, and evaluates effectiveness. Consults with physicians and health team members when appropriate. Assures appropriate patient follow-up in the outpatient setting, coordinates community resources and professional outpatient services. Assists with discharge planning
* Provides and coordinates education for clients and significant others in the areas of disease process, treatment modalities and viral transmission. Selects and adapts teaching models and methods based on identified learning needs of specific patient population. Negotiates to establish teaching/learning priorities for patients
* Assists in the development of learning resource materials to facilitate the teaching process for patients. Assists in the evaluation and revision of teaching standards based on the needs of a changing patient population. Acts as a resource person for all staff and as a direct liaison to communities throughout the state in educational efforts
* Provides consultation/interventions for problematic patient issues. Collaborates with clinical research staff to provide support services that facilitate the delivery of patient care
* Provides support to physicians, house-staff and nursing staff in the management of admitted patients. Serves as a resource for inpatient staff and assists in coordinating outpatient management planning to facilitate patient care and to enhance patient compliance with discharge plans.
* Demonstrates awareness of self-learning needs and seeks ways to meet these in order to maintain current competency and respond to new clinical and educational demands. Interfaces with resource people in order to provide expert client care and facilitate self-development. Attends appropriate conference/inservice to maintain current knowledge base
* Develops and maintains effective communication within the health care team with patients significant others, and other departments. Participates in quality assurance activities and implementation of nursing standards
* Assures patients are properly informed of treatment modalities offered within the HIV program. Assists physicians in an outpatient setting as outlined in nursing procedures
* Demonstrates ability to use equipment in clinical setting according to nursing procedures
* Contributes to the professional development of peers by supporting and role-modeling.
* Assists in the clinical teaching of professional students, both graduate and undergraduate. Serves as a preceptor for students at a variety of learning
* Assists, when appropriate, with community based educational efforts. Assists in the development and implementation of appropriate standards of care utilizing current research findings
* Defines professional and educational goals and reviews with management team on a semiannual basis. Participates in professional organizations. Attends mandatory education programs annually as directed by CCHS standards.
* Serves as advocate for Patient s rights and intervenes to promote and defend these in order to insure patient s safety and well-being.
* Responds to patient request with promptness, empathy, and genuine concern as perceived by patients and appropriate others.
* Maintains positive public image with other employees, patients, and visitors at all times
* Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor s degree in Nursing required
* At least one year experience in Medical/Surgical Nursing
* Licensed or license eligibility in the state of Delaware
* BLS Certification
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Nursing
JOB REQUISITION #: 39347BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Wilmington
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, HIV AIDS, Nursing, Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.