Registered Nurse 9/15/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
To assess, plan, organize, provide, and evaluate inpatient and outpatient care to ill or injured students at the college health service.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Knowledge of adolescent and young adult growth and development.
* Venipuncture and phlebotomy skills.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Sound judgment and problem solving skills and ability to make independent decisions.
* Ability to accurately implement physician s orders.
* Ability to make medical and health assessments and apply nursing practices and processes.
* Must be able to work all shifts.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
* Two years of nursing experience.
* Experience in college health, community health, and/or psychiatric nursing desirable.
* Experience in physical assessment and triage
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing or the equivalent.
* Current registration with the New Hampshire Board of Nursing.
* Certification in CPR and AED.
* A BSN degree preferred.
Temp - Technician/Specialist
Temporary Part time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Lauri Gallimore, Director of Nursing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Develops nursing care plans and provides individualized nursing care to inpatients in the Health Service Infirmary.
* Applies knowledge of adolescent and young adult growth and development in the treatment of students.
* Monitors and assesses the conditions of patients and reports significant changes to appropriate person/physician.
* Interprets, records, and implements physicians orders.
* Conducts physical assessment, triage, and treatment of ill and injured students presenting themselves for after-hours care.
* Provides first aid and emergency care to students, as appropriate and necessary.
* Makes nursing judgments and decisions and assumes responsibility for nursing care and documentation of patient care.
* Transmits assessment of patients to physician on call when appropriate to obtain direction concerning disposition and treatment.
* Maintains accurate and legally viable nursing record for treatment and medications, including required records for controlled substances.
* Assesses patient knowledge of preventive health care and provides health education as appropriate.
* Participates in teaching of other nursing personnel, medical students and professional trainees on assignment at the Health Services.
* Communicates and coordinates care with the office of the Dean of Students, the office of Safety and Security, and the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
* Communicates respectfully with and is sensitive to the varying needs of a diverse student community and fosters inclusiveness and diversity.
Performs other duties as assigned