Registered Nurse - Hospice 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RN / REGISTERED NURSE - HOSPICE
St. Vincent Hospice is growing and looking for patient centered RN's to care for our patients.
This position is responsible for evaluation, referrals and coordinating patient/family needs. Under physician orders, the Registered Nurse is responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for providing preventative and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/family unit. The RN utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills for caring for the patient/family unit, in collaboration with the hospice team members. Provides direct care as indicated and reports to appropriate hospice team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Actively engage in QAPI initiatives and compliance activities.
* Take part in professional development to maintain qualifications for role; completes CBTs in a timely manner.
* Document clinical findings clearly and in a concise manner while maintaining the patient clinical record according to practice standards.
* Perform comprehensive initial and ongoing assessment of patients and families, and develop initial treatment plan, modifying as appropriate with interdisciplinary team focus. Educate the patient and family regarding terminal care.
* Identify actual or potential quality/safety/ethical/legal/compliance issues and initiates appropriate intervention or referral. Updates the attending physician/IDT about changes in the patient's condition and/or plan of care.
* Coordinate care with contracted facilities, discuss and initiate the written plan of care, and attend care conferences as scheduled.
* Evaluates services provide by the Hospice Aide every two weeks.
* Maintain productivity standards.
* Promote efficiency in use of supplies and visit utilization including mileage.
* Is an ambassador for the agency in daily encounters with referral sources.
* Promote positive relationships with contracted facilities.
* Promote a positive culture among and across the hospice team.
* Promote teamwork and shared responsibility for attaining the agency mission and vision.
* Active participation in meeting agency customer satisfaction goals.
* Create predictability for patients by following standard practices and using KEY WORDS AT KEY TIMES to decrease caregiver anxiety.
* Promote agency by always putting the patient first.
* RN required, BSN preferred.
* Current State Nursing License.
* Possess valid driver's license, proof of insurance and access to automobile.
* Two (2) years recent clinical experience with preferred experience in the care of terminally ill patients and their families.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Able to fulfill shared on-call requirements with immediate 24/7 availability when assigned.
St. Vincent Hospice is a proud member of Ascension Health at Home, a leading provider in the delivery of compassionate patient-centered healthcare services including home health, infusion therapy and hospice.
Formed in 2014, Ascension Health at Home is a national partnership between Ascension Health and Evolution Health. The partnership includes all Ascension-affiliated home health, hospice, home infusion therapy and private duty/supportive care services.
Visit us at www.ahah.net to learn more about our organization and view all career opportunities.