Registered Nurse - Hospice Care 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHY VITAS HEALTHCARE AND WHAT DO THEY OFFER ME
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
_COVERAGE AREA AVAILABLE: TOPANGA, CANOGA PARK, WEST HILLS, TARZANA, VAN NUYS, ENCINO, NORTHRIDGE, THOUSAND OAKS, SIMI VALLEY._
The VITAS Nurse is a member of the interdisciplinary team and is the pivotal person in identifying the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Responsible for initiating the appropriate intervention and support for the patient and family upon admission to VITAS and provides a continuously appropriate, comprehensive and responsive plan of care.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
* Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse within the last five (5) years.
* Minimum of two (2) years experience in hospice, medical/surgical or home health preferred.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse where the VITAS program is located.
* Reliable transportation with appropriate insurance coverage.
* Completion of course study as required to acquire state licensure.
* CA Registered NurseLicense