Registered Nurse: ICU / CCU 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Reports to the Director. Provides professional nursing services. Assesses the needs of patients and initiates, implements, and evaluates individualized plans of care. Collaborates with other professional, clinical, and ancillary staff in providing quality care of patients.
MISSION & VISION
* MISSION: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community's provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
* VISION: To be recognized as a model for the delivery of health and wellness by achieving the Top 10% in clinical quality, Top 10% in patient satisfaction and top tier in value per patient in the United States.
REGISTERED NURSE JOB SPECIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of an Associate's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing or Professional Training. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred. Must have Registered Nurse Licensure in State of Indiana. Must maintain current CPR and PALS certification. No previous experience is required. One to two years of job-related experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Requires comprehensive knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to provide and evaluate patient care and competency in performing nursing care procedures, observations, treatments, and techniques used at the clinic.
* Requires knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care and knowledge of common safety hazards and universal precautions to establish a safe working environment.
* Requires analytical ability to identify patient problems, interpret data, and to assess patient conditions.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
* Demonstrates high level interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, medical staff, patients, family, and the public.
* Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
* At risk for occupational exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
* Various hours of work due to need of specific unit.
* Mentally taxing at times due to need to prioritize, respond to changing patient/unit needs, unpredictable census/acuity.
* Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, walking or standing.
* Prolonged or continuous standing, walking, or working in an awkward position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES _THE BELOW STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL OCCUPYING THIS POSITION._
* Performs accurate patient assessment in a timely manner based on hospital policy and nursing standards of practice.
* Assesses, initiates and participates in patient/family teaching needs and documents appropriately.
* Assess the physiological, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of the patient through the use of observation and interview skills.
* Assesses and differentiates nursing situations which require immediate action and responds appropriately based on nursing judgment/standards.
* Develops an individualized plan of care by identifying current and potential problems to establish on-going nursing diagnosis based on assessment information and medical plan.
* Develops a discharge plan by identifying appropriate teaching needs, resource referrals initiated in a timely manner, and desired outcomes to provide a continuum of patient care delivery post-discharge.
* Functions independently in the role of Triage nurse.
* Performs on-going assessments as dictated by patient condition.
* Follows infection prevention policy when cleaning rooms between use
* Utilizes organizational skills to prioritize and coordinate the needs of patients, families, and the nursing unit.
* Communicates complete and accurate information in a professional and timely manner to co-workers, physicians and other disciplines.
* Implements nursing/medical plan of care based on sound clinical judgment and appropriate technical skills.
* Utilizes current nursing standards of practice and follows hospital policies and procedures.
* Educates patients and families regarding care being provided, medications, and other aspects of care to assure patient readiness for discharge and ability to continue care post-discharge.
* Documents all aspects of care in a timely and complete manner.
* Maintains safe environment for patient and self through adherence to safety and infection control.
* Completes assigned duties in a timely and satisfactory manner.
* Anticipates changes in patient condition based on history and presenting symptoms.
* Evaluates effectiveness of nursing/medical plan of care based on patient/family progress towards desired outcomes.
* Revises nursing plan of care based on-going assessment of patient/family progress and response toward desired outcomes.
* Collaborates with physicians and multiple disciplines to insure patient/family progress toward desired outcomes.
* Assumes responsibility of charge nurse as necessary.
* Performs and is recognized as a professional role model.
* Identifies unit problems/concerns and follows-up with Unit Manager.
* Addresses issues/resolves staff conflicts as appropriate.
* Communicates with house supervisor and Unit Manager to assure staffing needs are met appropriately and assignments are appropriate based on staff competence and skill level.
* Suggests and plans ways to improve processes on unit.
* Attends all mandatory in-services/skills.
* Attends a minimum of 50% of staff meetings and is responsible for 100% of material covered.
* Participates in orienting students and new personnel.
* Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department
* Completes other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
* Elkhart, IN