Registered Nurse - IMCU, 24HRS/N, Every Other Weekend (MNA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OPPORTUNITY
REGISTERED NURSE - IMCU, 24HRS/N, EVERY OTHER WEEKEND (MNA)
JOB ID 1513539 DATE POSTED 02/19/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
In accordance with the American Nurses Association s Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice, the registered nurse, under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the health care continuum. The registered nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and in accordance with established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards of practice. Reports to the unit nurse manager.
* Graduate from an accredited nursing associate s or bachelor s of science degree program; BSN preferred.
* Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
* Current basic cardiac life support certification. Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
* Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
* Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work. Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
* Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enterstomal therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
* Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
* Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
* Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.