Registered Nurse - Intermediate Care; Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Registered Nurse practices within the Patient and Family Centered Care Model will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients, coordinate ancillary staff and collaborate with interdisciplinary health care team.
* 1. Nursing Practice/Nursing Process
* 1.1 Delivers and coordinates safe, competent, and effective patient focused care demonstrating knowledge and clinical proficiency within their practicing specialty area.
* 2. Professional Integration
* 2.1 Serves as a positive professional role model demonstrating accountability and responsibility through professional behavior.
* 3. Leadership
* 3.1 Uses effective communication, time management and prioritization skills.
* 4. Communication/Collaboration
* 4.1 Demonstrates a commitment to honor and respect the dignity of each person within their department/unit
* 5. Quality/Performance Management
* 5.1 Contributes to department effectiveness by offering suggestions and ideas that improve performance.
* 6. Support of Unit Goals
* 6.1 Dedicates work time in the areas of leadership, education, nursing practice or performance management to support advancement of unit goals in agreement with the Nurse Manger.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; BSN strongly recommended.
1-3 years experience.
RN in State of Connecticut or Permit; Basic Life Support (BLS)
May be exposure to infectious diseases. Will be exposed to physical, mental and emotional illness as well as end of life conditions and death. Moderate stress and risk of injury from patient care. Standing/walking for more than half of the day. Frequently bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting and lifting. Must be able to assist pushing/pulling/lifting patients ranging from five (5) to three hundred (300) pounds.