Registered Nurse Liaison - Inpatient Rehab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
- Demonstrates positive, informative interaction with ancillary departments, co-workers, and physicians.
- Demonstrates positive informative interaction with patients and families.
- Demonstrates positive informative interaction with health care professionals and potential referral sources.
- Uses effective, proper telephone communication during telemarketing calls, family and patient contact.
- Serves as a multi-disciplinary resource person for customers while displaying professionalism and maintaining confidentiality.
- Presents evaluations at daily interdisciplinary admissions team meetings and as needed complete and informative
- Admission Referrals
- Initiates most of the Interdisciplinary Admission assessment once the patient is deemed appropriate for admission.
- Works in collaboration with the Business Office personnel, ensures all necessary pre-admission paperwork, insurance verifications and other matters are completed prior to admission.
- Accepts incoming calls and answers questions regarding referrals, if necessary.
- Receives referrals and arranges evaluations; reviews chart; obtains financial information as necessary from chart.
- Assesses patient's suitability for hospitalization.
- Interviews patient and family to gather information and determine special needs.
- Adheres to admission criteria; presents potential patients for approval at admission screening.
- Coordinates business and medical information with facility departments prior to patient admission. .
- Coordinates pertinent data with admitting office personnel; interprets relevant facility policies to patient and family (ex. Financial information, patient handbook.)
- Market Contacts
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling daily activities to ensure maximum market penetration of territory.
- Exhibits at conferences and/or sales/marketing events to inform health care providers and the community of the DHS.
- Reinforces awareness and understanding of long term acute care and Dubuis Hospital among the medical community and general public.
- Participates in community activities, promoting the hospital.
- Identifies customers and makes calls to appropriate referral sources including payer_
- Makes daily contacts with. area hospitals re: vacancies via fax/phone.
- Generates monthly report of contacts.
- Market Research
- Designs and generates reports relative to patient demographics, market share, and significant trends.
- Conducts marketing research and analysis activities to ensure that the hospital is competitive in the marketplace, on a local, regional, and national basis.
- Provides data for use in feasibility studies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of an Accredited RN program.
Licensure and Certifications: Louisiana RN license, BLS.
Experience: Three to five years experience in insurance, utilization review or case management strongly preferred. CCRN, Rehabilitation Certification or critical care beneficial. Requires the ability to work independently and to prioritize responsibilities; an outgoing personality, assertiveness, the ability to deal with various levels of clients, and effective verbal and written communication skills.