Registered Nurse Manager - Cardiac Cath Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
- Shares annual survey results with staff member. Establishes focus groups within the department to address issues identified in survey. Addresses staff concerns and potential retention problems in a timely and appropriate manner. Holds monthly staff meetings on a regular basis (minimum of 10 per year).
- Reviews monthly turnover shares data, and solicits associates' feedback to reduce turnover. Conducts/delegates and oversees department audits as assigned. Ensures department logs are completed and unit complies with regulatory requirements.
- Accessibility -- Maintains an open-door policy. Provides multiple ways for staff to voice concerns, give feedback, and make suggestions. Conducts associate and patient rounding. Sends out thank you notes monthly and conducts discharge callbacks. Attends leadership and organizational meetings pertinent to the department; makes information accessible concerning CHSB initiatives, programs and activities in a timely manner. Maintains Linkage Grid binder.
- Provides strong team leadership including individual attention as appropriate. Acts as technical advisor/mentor to staff. Promotes staff feedback and encourages staff involvement in department decisions as appropriate. Provides the Director with evidence of associate compliance in meeting department Smart Goals. Responsible for staff supervision within the department. Conducts mid-shift team updates as applicable. Provides team/department with the resources and support needed to meet their goals. Enters and provides oversight of department charges and corrections, and purchasing of supplies and equipment. Participates in operational and capital budget planning.
- Creates a work environment that facilitates learning and personal growth. Identifies and facilitates staff development and monitors staff competence. Provides oversight for the completion of staff competencies and credentialing within designated period. Supports orientation of new staff members and assigns a mentor. Promotes and facilitates participation in educational programs. Develops plans to help staff meet personal career goals. Assigns staff to committees to enhance knowledge and develop new skills. Reports pertinent information pertinent to the department and patient flow through at am huddle meetings and case conference. Serves on teams and councils as assigned.
- Conducts timely, comprehensive annual performance evaluations. Provides frequent, informal performance feedback to all staff members. Completes all initial and required transfer evaluations in a timely manner. Follows up on associate performance notifications from audit reviews. Practices effective coaching skills when dealing with associate issues; gives guidance and support; offers encouragement; offers suggestions to resolve issues; provides the resources and tools then need; removes obstacles that keep associates from achieving their goals. Documents disciplinary action in a timely manner and uses the progressive discipline concept. Makes comments to the associate based on performance rather than personality.
- Conducts/Participates in the interview and hiring process. Uses behavioral based interviewing skills in the selection of new staff members. Uses open-ended questions that ask for specific examples of past job behavior. Contacts applicants in a timely manner. Completes applicant log timely, correctly, and according to the Affirmative Action Plan guidelines. Completes MCI requests for terminations and as appropriate; contributes to accuracy of Position Controls.
- Monitors compliance with department standards and associate expectations for improvement initiatives. Participates in the selection of clinical indicators based on identified needs and performance. Keeps department PI Board current and associates abreast of goal outcomes on a regular basis. Creates an environment where new ideas are encouraged. Reinforces staff involvement in improvement initiatives. Reviews and completes Risk Manager Notifications; oversees process action plans.
- Seeks opportunities for improving customer satisfaction. Investigates all concerns for point of care resolution; completes grievance investigations and presents findings to the Grievance Council. Strives for service excellence. Maintains an organized and safe work environment. Monitors compliance with department goals and objectives which support corporate and health system initiatives.
- Ensures department operates within approved budget. Reviews monthly department operations report (DOR) and provides input regarding productivity/overtime/labor costs upon requested by leadership.
- Plans and oversees department schedule for staffing effectiveness. Completes Plan Sheet for time off requests. Makes concurrent staffing adjustments based on acuity and census; enters flex hours in database. Monitors Vision Ware for productivity; reviews Kronos for accuracy and completes time adjustment requests. Completes Kronos payroll edits and approval.
- Performs Point of Care Testing within scope of licensure; accurately performs testing according to the approved procedure and limits testing to only those tests for which competency has been assessed and operator is deemed qualified by designated trainer.
Education/Skills: Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience required, 1 year experience in a management or supervisory role.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: Currently Louisiana RN license, BLS, and ACLS required.