Registered Nurse - McCurtain County, OK CBOC 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
STG International Inc. is seeking a Staff Registered Nurse to provide services for a Community Based Outpatient Clinic.
This posting is for future openings no currently available positions.
The clinic operates Monday Friday during normal business hours.
Responsibilities will include:
* Provide nursing care based on physician, mid-level provider and Clinic Manager s orders, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients.
* Supervise support staff, if applicable, in delivery of care to patients.
* Work with the PCP to ensure the clinic is adequately staffed for quality care delivery and the promotion of continuity of care between the VAMC and the clinic.
* Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
* Supervise medical assistants and/or licensed practical nurses who obtain initial information from patients (i.e.: vital signs, symptoms, and complaints) through interviewing patients and reviewing record.
* Prepare patients for examination and assist physician upon request.
* Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA access standards and triage protocol.
* Demonstrate, understand and perform triage activities for all walk-in patients and medical phone inquiries.
* Administer medications per facility protocols, as prescribed by provider,
* Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
* Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigations, catheterizations, and venipunctures.
* Preparing patients for laboratory procedures by providing information and instructions.
* Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment, including monitor, Electrocardiogram (FAG), oxygen, and portable suction.
* Document all pertinent patient information in their medical records and Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
* Keep the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
* Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow-up appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
* Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
* Provide health materials, resources and education to patients and their families for informational purposes according to need and learning capacity.
* Ensure all patient information on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
* Assist the providers as required in ensuring all patient information on electronic encounter documentation is complete and accurate.
* Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
* Ensure that all required reports, clinical and administrative documentation is completed in an accurate, timely and complete fashion.
* Participate in the management of day to day CBOC operations.
* Comply with all Federal, state, local, Joint Commission Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
* Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
* Perform the duties of the CBOC Manager when he/she is absent (if applicable).
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic government contracting company dedicated to providing leading-edge Medical Staffing services to our government and military clientele.
Outside of Medical Staffing services, STGi also provides Human Resource Services and System Solutions, Management and Data Resources Consulting Services, and Professional and Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. Previously certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a woman-owned, minority business, STGi is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company s exponential growth each year.
STGi offers An outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
* RN from a National League for Nursing (NLN)-accredited school. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Preferred.
* Retention of current nursing license in the state in which the RN practices.
* Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life Support (BLS).
* Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing principles, procedures, and techniques.
* Ability to assess patient condition, recognizes adverse signs and symptoms, and react swiftly in emergency situations.
* Ability to set realistic, measurable education goals for patients, taking into consideration patient/family needs, level of understanding and available local resources.
* Ability to develop and provide individualized and group counseling, guidance, and health instruction with the focus on disease prevention and health maintenance.
* Ability to teach patients and/or families proper home health care activities, such as giving injections, taking blood pressures, changing would dressings, etc.
* Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient usage considerations.
* Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service technique related to age-specific population.
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and basic computer maneuverability.
* Knowledge of pharmacology.
* Minimum of two (2) years of current clinical experience working in a similar environment. (Medical-Surgical, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), or Emergency Room (ER) experience preferred).
McCurtain County, Oklahoma, United States