This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRegistered Nurse
Job Id: 44226
At Concentra\'s Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
JOB SUMMARY: Incumbent will operate as a clinical specialist or consultant requiring comprehensive specialized health and medical care knowledge. Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to patients with diseases and injuries seeking treatment in the clinic as directed by physician. Responsible for the direct clinical oversight for nursing care, as directed by the Medical Director/PCP for the entire clinic (depending on the size of the clinic) and/or a specific treatment team within the clinic.
Concentra is in an active bidding process for this position which is contingent upon Concentra being awarded the contract.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Escorts patients to exam room, prepares patients for examination and treatment and assists the practitioner, as requested.
* Draws blood and prepares appropriate paperwork for laboratory pick-up.
* Performs urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
* Maintains exam rooms, lab area and treatment rooms clean and stocked, maintaining inventory of supplies and re-orders as needed.
* Assists in medical record maintenance - EMR.
* Performs front office clerical duties such as answering telephones, check-in, check-out and record processing.
* Dispenses medications as directed by practitioner and in accordance with state regulations.
* Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
* Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Medical Director ( PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Educates patients on related health issues and healthy lifestyle choices.
* Triage patients via phone and in person.
* Completes any and all clinical reminders due at the time of each patient s visit.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
* Current license as a registered nurse from the State in which the clinic is located.
* Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support from American Heart Association
* Minimum one year experience in primary care and/or chronic disease management.
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off/Holidays
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.