- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Registered Nurse - Neurology-Multiple Sclerosis (CLIN NURSE 2)
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
Registered Nurse - Neurology-Multiple Sclerosis (CLIN NURSE 2)
40 ; 100%
SOM Neurology-Multiple Scleros
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Specialists in the Neurology Clinic are leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of disorders from cerebrovascular disease to headache to nerve injuries. Patients may undergo a comprehensive evaluation in the Neurology Clinic before referred to a neurological expert who specializes in a specific condition.
Our patients benefit from research conducted at UCSF, which we draw upon to develop new, more effective treatments.
Under general supervision, guided by the policies and procedures of the Medical Center and Ambulatory Services, and in collaboration with the physician staff and administrative management, the Registered Nurse (RN) works independently to coordinate the clinical care for the Child Neurology Clinic.
S/he will utilize a high level of clinical knowledge to screen patient referrals, triage telephone calls and emails from patients/families and organizations; coordinate patient evaluations, perform duties consistent with follow up care for patients as requested by child neurology providers, ensure efficient patient care flow, provide patient education schools/seminars, and act as the liaison between the inpatient and outpatient nursing staff to ensure continuity of care for patients and their families. In addition, the RN will assist in the development of patient care standards and practices
This person will communicate with ancillary support services, to identify and resolve problems maximizing the efficient utilization of resources. S/he consistently projects a professional and courteous demeanor and demonstrates an ability to participate as an integral part of the child neurology team to improve the overall quality of care provided by the Division of Child Neurology.
The RN shall comply with the Medical Center house and Telephone Standards.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* 2 years of recent RN experience
* Knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to this position
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and in written form.
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* State of California Registered Nurse License.
* Graduate of a Bachelor s Nursing Program.
* CPR Certification
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* LEAN training/familiarity with methodology
* Neurology experience
* Proficient in UCARE, STOR, IDX, WebPACs, Microsoft Office Applications
* Public Health Nurse certificate
* Recent community work experience in the schools, and/or Regional Centers, and/or California Children s Services, and/or other agencies providing services to special needs children
* Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
* Active American Heart Association CPR certification
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page