Registered Nurse - Orthopedics and ICU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Surgical Care Affiliates
JOB DESCRIPTION_Full-time career opportunity to join the 'partner of choice', Surgical Care Affiliates (S.C.A.) as an "REGISTERED NURSE- ORTHOPEDICS AND ICU" at The CORE Institute Specialty Hospital. THIS POSITION INCLUDES A FULL-BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING INSURANCE BENEFITS, PAID TIME OFF, 401K, AND MORE- ALL OF WHICH BEGIN ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS OVER THREE YEARS OF NURSING EXPERIENCE IN A MEDICAL/SURGICAL ENVIRONMENT AND IDEALLY HAS ICU EXPERIENCE._
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 194 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities - clinically, operationally, and financially. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
THIS POSITION INCLUDES A FULL-BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING INSURANCE BENEFITS, PAID TIME OFF, 401K, AND MORE- ALL OF WHICH BEGIN ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT.
The Orthopedic / Medical / Surgical Registered Nurse / RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from pre-admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes, patient satisfaction, and providing safe quality healthcare, in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Ensuring the efficient and effective coordination and implementation of the daily activities within the department. The position reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
As an SCA employee, this position works on-site at the CORE Institute Specialty Hospital. THE CORE INSTITUTE SPECIALTY HOSPITAL IS A JOINT COMMISSION ACCREDITED SURGICAL HOSPITAL SPECIALIZING IN SPINE AND ORTHOPEDIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES. We offer evidence-based approaches to medical care and integrated orthopedic service lines to improve the experience for patients in the local community. As consumers, employers and third party payers look for higher value options in the delivery of surgical services, The CORE Institute Specialty Hospital offers a unique setting for patients to receive high-end, specialty specific, quality care - validated through The CORE Institute's well-proven improved surgical outcomes. We consistently achieve superior outcomes by placing the patient's care at the center of everything we do.
* Uses nursing process including: assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, Implementation, and evaluation, in order to provide safe effective outcomes
* Administers and charts medications as ordered by physician, reinforces and clarifies physician instructions and explanation of procedures to patient and companion
* Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position in medical/surgical unit. Patient care duties, including ability to provide for patient care in emergency situations and based upon age-specific needs utilizing a development perspective
* Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical practice, demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession
* Conducts quality review audits as assigned by manager or designee, conscientiously and continuously applies the principles and tools learned during CQI training on a daily basis
* Maintains flexibility with scheduling and job assignments in order to cover patient needs. Ability to work in multiple perioperative areas
* Fosters a positive and professional hospital environment by interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner and by participating as a team member
* Participates in committees, work groups, and meetings as deemed necessary. Can demonstrate measurable results an meet target dates. Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team and takes part in shared leadership.
* Obtains laboratory, EKG, radiology studies requested by physician and according to policy.
* Utilizes Individual goals and KPI models to measure and report on performance improvement.
* 40hours per week (full benefits package included), plus overtime as required
* 10hourdays/4days per week. Night shift- 6:30pm-7:00am. Generous shift differential for night shift on top of hourly base pay rate
* Rotating weekends--generous shift differential for Saturdays and Sundays in addition to any Overtime Pay that may apply. Schedules provided several weeks in advance.
* Current RN licensure in the state of Arizona required
* Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required within 90days
* Minimum three years of nursing experience required
* Minimum of three years of orthopedic, medical/surgical, or ICU experience required
* Intensive Care Unit (ICU) experience strongly preferred
* Orthopedic experience helpful, but not required
* Ability to interact with management, physicians, and teammates at all levels and effectively communicate with teammates and management both in oral and written form
* Ability to lift/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling, and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. Ability to reach, grasp, use finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size, and shape. Ability to speak and hear. Good visual acuity, accurate color vision.
* Ability to work in an environment that frequently produces a high level of stress and mental fatigue