Registered Nurse - Quality Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00162-65985
1. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Quality Resource Management, the Quality Analyst is responsible for assisting the Director with the implementation of a multidisciplinary hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program to ensure ongoing assessment of patient care delivery according to established standards. The Quality Analyst has primary responsibility for compiling data from performance monitoring of Medical Staff activities and aggregating this data with other performance Improvement activities within the facility.
2. Establishes monitoring and assessment criteria for all clinical services in collaboration with Medical Staff practitioners for ongoing assessment of patient care services.
3. Establishes mechanisms for the reporting of monitoring and assessment data for the purpose of identification of problems and opportunities to improve patient care services, determination of strategies to solve problems or improve services, implementation of appropriate actions, and evaluation of effectiveness of these actions.
4. Assists in the development of appropriate forms for data collection and analysis.
5. Assists in constructing focused assessment studies when problems or opportunities are identified to improve patient care services.
6. Coordinates individual Medical staff Departmental and Committee activities for reporting at designated time intervals.
7. Maintains centralized records of all Performance Improvement activities pertaining to the Medical Staff to ensure ready access for review and follow-up.
8. Assists in compiling summarized reports of Performance Improvement activities to include Medical staff and Hospital activities to the Board of Trustees, Hospital Administration, the Medical staff, and appropriate committees on a regular basis.
9. Reviews medical records according to criteria and identified outcomes data.
10. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
11. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
12. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
13. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
14. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
15. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
16. Communicates effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
17. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
18. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
19. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity
20. Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED: Associates or BSN.
REQUIRED: Current Licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Experience in health care delivery systems with focus on Performance Improvement, Risk Management or related activities.
Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality Resource Management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Excellent ability to collect, compile and interpret data. Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Physical demands require performing all essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
Last Edited: 09/26/2016