Registered Nurse (RN) - Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation - Traveler, 8 - 13 Week Contract, 7a - 7p
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Assess and provides care for patients ages 18 through the older adult population, according to physician orders and the plan of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assess persons requiring rehabilitative services including patients recovering from stroke, orthopedic knee and hip replacements and amputation, and persons suffering debilitation from medical and surgical conditions.
* Performs continued post-operative care for patients with orthopedic and cardiovascular procedures to include wound and drain management. Pain will be monitored through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concise documentation.
* Coordinates the multidisciplinary rehabilitative care of patients, and participates as a member of the rehabilitation interdisciplinary team. Contributes information specific to the patient s response to education, medication therapy, pain control, skin condition, bowel/bladder training, and discharge planning.
* Encourages and instructs patients to do as much for themselves as possible, within safe guidelines. Such as: Assisting patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL s), socializing with others, and getting out of bed for meals.
* Provides rehabilitation education for the orthopedic, spine, neuro, stroke, cardiac, and oncology patient on safe and effective use of medical equipment, proper body mechanics, mobility, transfer, ADL s, and home safety.
* Provides care and education congruent with age related needs for patients ages 18 through older adult populations with specific rehabilitation needs.
* Serves as patient advocate collaborating with the Social Worker and Physicians for the rehabilitation patient s needs related to re-entry into the community.
* Is proficient with the FIM (Functional Independent Measures) scoring system for Acute Rehab.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit is a 13 bed unit with a specific focus on therapy which provides our patients with the skills and strength they need to return to their prior living situation. This unit employs a team concept that includes a Physiatrist, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Language Pathologists.
One year experience in acute inpatient Rehab.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Temporary Position
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled