Registered Nurse (RN)-CardiacVascular Services-Non-Invasive -23060 8/24/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title :
Registered Nurse Non-Invasive (23060)
Cardiac and Vascular Services
Director, Cardiac and Vascular Services
Current West Virginia licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse or a Graduate Nurse with a current West Virginia temporary practice permit. The Graduate nurse must obtain licensure within 60 days of hire (may not be waived).
Educational level as listed:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and one year of experience or
* Associates Degree in Nursing and two years of experience or
* Diploma from accredited
Nursing and 3 years of experience
* Obtain certification in Basic Life Support within 30 days of hire date.
* ACLS Certification preferred
Responsible for the day-to-day implementation and follow-up management of participants in the rehabilitation program. This position requires using adult education principles and general understanding of cardiovascular disease, exercise physiology, risk factor management, behavior changes and cardiovascular emergency procedures.
Provides nursing care to Cardiovascular and Interventional Services Non-Invasive patients with a less well defined nursing diagnosis or more complex, interrelated cardiovascular diagnosis to identify and achieve desired patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for the assignment of patients to exercise treatments to maximize patient outcomes along with the educational information provided to patient and their families.
* Assists in the design of treatment programs for patients to identify, maximize and promote potential for cardiac rehabilitation and refer patients to other disciplines on the team as needed.
* Evaluates patient s functional, physical, psychosocial and risk factor status.
* Assists in development of a program to meet the goals of the patient and family in order to return to appropriate level of activities of daily living.
* Completes nursing assessment, including nursing history and the physical and psychosocial examination of each patient. Provides continual ongoing assessment.
* Formulates desired outcomes and develops individualized care plan on the nursing diagnosis and the medical plan.
* Implements the nursing care plan and delegated portions of medical plan, either by providing care, delegating care and/or assisting other cardiac rehabilitation providers.
* Anticipates patient s needs and initiates appropriate referrals to other health care providers and resource people.
* Assists in
School to assists the participants to prepare for the readiness to learn behavioral changes and to facilitate educational topics related to heart disease.
* Performs exercise stress testing in the stress laboratory and in the Department of Nuclear Medicine as monitored by supervision.
* Preps the patient according to the stress lab protocol with the importance of a clear baseline as the main objective.
* Assembles any necessary supplies and IV equipment pertaining to the stress lab procedure.
* Performs stress testing only under the direct physician supervision 100% of the time.
* Performs patient monitoring for high acuity and Transesophageal Echocardiograms in the Non-Invasive Labs.
* Performs patient monitoring for Echo and Vascular patients as needed.
* Performs conscious sedation under direct physician supervision for TEE procedures.
* Communicates with patient floors for TEE pre screening.
* Establish IV access for all Non-Invasive procedures that may require intravenous access.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC NOTES :
PERFORMANCE STANDARD : Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, Shared Values & Culture.
* Displays a caring and courteous attitude and represents the Hospital in a positive manner to all persons noted above, 100% of the time, as monitored by supervision.
* Maintains the confidentiality of the patient and unit information, without infraction, as monitored by supervision.
* Promotes and contributes positively to intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships with no more than two valid complaints in a six-month period, monitored by supervision.
* Adheres to unit and Hospital dress codes as observed by supervision, 100% of the time.
* Maintains proper attendance, in accordance with Hospital Policy, as monitored by supervision.
* Reports to work on time in accordance with Hospital policy monitored by supervision.
* Provides adequate notice to supervisory personnel prior to absence or lateness in accordance with departmental policy, as monitored by supervision.
* Promotes and contributes positively to the teamwork of the department by volunteering to assist co workers, contributing ideas and problem solving with co workers, as observed by supervision.
* Participates in planning and implementing change and maintaining and improving productivity through attendance and participation in staff meetings, committees, task forces, projects and discussions with supervisor, as observed by supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to stand for long periods of time.
* Able to wear lead aprons for extended periods of time
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift, push, or pull a minimum of 40 pounds.
* Hearing (aid permitted) must be able to function without use of lip reading.
* Visual acuity (corrected) keen for both distant and near objects/individuals (i.e. ability to read small print)
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to; moving mechanical parts; airborne particles; body fluids; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment is clinical by nature.,
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
* Possesses the