Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardio Vascular Special Care Unit (CVSCU)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Cares for patients in adult and older adult age groups
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Cares for medical and surgical cardiac patients undergoing antiarrhythmic therapy, invasive treatments or procedures, cardiovascular surgery and patients with pulmonary disease, who require an intermediate level of care.
* Monitors and assesses patients requiring continuous cardiac monitoring (telemetry).
* Manages patients requiring mechanical ventilation or IV Insulin therapy.
* Provides postoperative care for cardiovascular surgery patients including coronary artery bypass, femoral-popliteal bypass, thoracotomy/lobectomy and abdominal aneurysm repair.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The 6th floor is an Intermediate Care Unit and contains 46 beds. It provides care to patients who no longer need or do not need the level of care provided in the Intensive Care Unit, but requires a greater amount of care than that which can be provided on a general acute unit. Services provided include telemetry monitoring.
One year experience in Telemetry or Step-down.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is recommended, but not required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled