Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Corpus Christi, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 08298-7023
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER CORPUS CHRISTI, TX
CASE MANAGER (RN)
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
* 24-hour Emergency Services
* Bariatric Services
* Behavioral Health Services
* Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
* Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
* Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
* Breast Diagnostic Center
* Inpatient Rehabilitation
* Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level I, II, III
* Maternal and Neonatal Transport
* Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
* Orthopedic Services
* Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
* Women s Health Center
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a CASE MANAGER (RN).
* Applies problem-solving techniques to the Case Manager process.
* Assesses variables that impact on health and functioning.
* Interprets clinical information and assess implication for treatment.
* Develops an individualized case management plan that addresses singular physical, vocational, psychosocial, financial and educational needs.
* Understands insurance policy language.
* Presents various health care options.
* Documents Case Management activities.
* Maintains familiarity with disease processes available resources and treatment modalities, assessing their quality and appropriateness for specific disabilities, illnesses and injuries.
* Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies and procedures in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
* At least 1 year experience as a case manager in a healthcare setting.
* Current Texas RN licensure.
* Knowledge of accreditation and regulatory standards.
* Interpersonal skills in working with physicians, healthcare professionals, patients and families.
* Possess working knowledge of utilization review, case management and DRGs.
* Demonstrate knowledge of commercial insurance requirements/criteria for indications of hospitalization.
* Requires working in a fast-paced setting and self-motivated.
Last Edited: 05/23/2016