Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Texas City, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 06218-68015
Days (rotating weekends)
MAINLAND MEDICAL CENTER TEXAS CITY, TX
CASE MANAGER (RN)
Founded in 1952, MAINLAND MEDICAL CENTER has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Sleep Disorders
* Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
* Emergency Services
* Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
* Occupational Health and Wellness
* Senior Mental Health
* Women s Services
MAINLAND MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a CASE MANAGER (RN).
* Applies problem-solving techniques to the Case Manager process.
* Assesses variables that impact on health and functioning.
* Interprets clinical information and assess implication for treatment.
* Develops an individualized case management plan that addresses singular physical, vocational, psychosocial, financial and educational needs.
* Understands insurance policy language.
* Presents various health care options.
* Documents Case Management activities.
* Maintains familiarity with disease processes available resources and treatment modalities, assessing their quality and appropriateness for specific disabilities, illnesses and injuries.
* Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies and procedures in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
* At least 1 year experience as a case manager in a healthcare setting preferred.
* Current Texas RN licensure.
* Knowledge of accreditation and regulatory standards.
* Interpersonal skills in working with physicians, healthcare professionals, patients and families.
* Possess working knowledge of utilization review, case management and DRGs.
* Demonstrate knowledge of commercial insurance requirements/criteria for indications of hospitalization.
* Requires working in a fast-paced setting and self-motivated.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 05/25/2016