Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department - Weekend Option mid-shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 09726-43388
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER INDEPENDENCE, MO
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) EMERGENCY SERVICES - WEEKEND OPTION MID-SHIFT
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features the following:
* Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
* An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
* Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
* An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
* Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
* Women s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
* Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
* The department treats all persons coming to the hospital asking for emergency care regardless of age, race, socio-economic status or ability to pay.
* It is responsible for the immediate medical screening and treatment of any medical or surgical emergency, for initiating life-saving interventions in all types of emergency situations, and for providing medical screening and emergency care for other conditions including chronic medical problems, minor injuries and illnesses.
* Major surgery, routine inpatient care, outpatient procedures, and the use of general anesthesia are not within the scope of treatment permitted in the ED.
* The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director.
* The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of the hospital.
* This is a Weekend Option mid-shift position. RN Emergency Department experience required for this position.
* Graduation from a school of nursing required.
* Current Missouri RN licensure required.
* BCLS required.
* ACLS within 90 days of hire date.
* TNCC and ENPC or PALS all within 1 year of hire date.
* At least 1 year of recent hospital RN Emergency Department experience required.
Last Edited: 09/07/2016