Registered Nurse - RN - Grand Junction, Colorado
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/7/2018
Grand Junction, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt SCL Health, we provide a work environment second to none.
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction employs approximately 2,000 staff and 300 active physicians, representing more than 40 specialties, who are dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of the residents of western Colorado and eastern Utah.
At St. Mary's, we hold true to a culture of dedicated leadership and interdisciplinary collaboration at every level. Even the President/CEO is a practicing physician at our hospital! Check it out here: http://www.stmarygj.org/news/2016/05/smgj-new-president/
We are currently looking for experienced RNs to join our mission to provide high-level and compassionate care in a variety of inpatient areas!
BONUSES AVAILABLE! For a limited time, St. Mary's is offering sign-on bonuses to experienced RNs in the following areas (must have at least 2 years of recent experience in that specialty to qualify):
* $15,000 - ED, OR, and Cath Lab Full-Time RNs
* $5,000 - ICU and CVICU Full-Time RNs
* $2,000 - all Hospital-Based Full-Time RNs
Our RNs are the backbone of our inpatient services at SCL Health. Come join an organization where your individual contributions are recognized and rewarded!
The RN will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
* Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patients medical status upon admission and throughout the patients course of treatment.
* Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
* Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
* Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
* Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
* Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
* Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
* Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Associate's degree in nursing, required
* Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Qualifications CO-Grand Junction