Registered Nurse / RN / Home Health Experience Required - PRN - ReqCode 952536
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Utilize the nursing process to provide for optimum quality and continuity of nursing care. Demonstrate the core nursing competencies established by the Agency to ensure effective and efficient care on an ongoing basis. Function as a Case Manager for a group of assigned patients / families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Adhere to the scope of practice for Registered Professional Nurse per state regulatory guidelines.
* Demonstrate appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions in routine patient care matters.
* Promote the level of clinical expertise required of staff to provide safe, high quality nursing care.
* Remain flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload.
* Perform appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by the Agency or Fiscal intermediary including timely recording of evaluation data, interventions, and client's response to interventions.
* Monitor visit frequency and duration by reviewing physicians' orders and comparing to the Plan of Care and documentation.
* Foster an environment for open communication and collaborative practice with interdisciplinarycoordination and adherence to private duty Plan of Care.
* Evaluate / assist in evaluation of appropriateness of Plan of Care and revise on an ongoing basis with communication to all other disciplines.
* Demonstrate knowledge of therapeutic action, side effects and interaction of medications.
* Plan, teach, supervise and counsel regarding physical care measures to promote improvement /recover, symptom / complication management, expected disease progression, social / emotional care and community resources.
* Perform comprehensive assessments of physical, emotional, psychosocial and environmental needs of the patient.
* Review results of laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures.
* Supervise and direct assigned LPN's and Aides per Federal, State and Local regulations and Agency policy.
* Assume responsibility for maintaining compliance according to Federal, State and Local regulations and Agency policies and procedures.
* Identify significant clinical findings, make conclusions and intervene appropriately. Provide services requiring specialized nursing skills.
* Demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
* Provide the care needed as described in the Agency's policies and procedures.
* Develop and implement a realistic individualized Plan of Care (Physician's Plan of Care, Home Health Aid Plan of Care) for each patient, evaluate and revise this plan as necessary in consultation with physician.
* Compare assessment data to baseline assessment to monitor patient's progress. Recognize alterations in function, including life-threatening situations, and intervene and document appropriately informing physician and other team members of changes in client needs or services required.
* Participate in development of patient goals and discharge plans based on problem identification as well as make revisions to these based on the changes in patient status.
* Initiate patient education based on identified learning needs of the patient and / or those providing care and document appropriately including disease process self care techniques and disease prevention strategies.
* Prioritize nursing visits based on the patient's health status and anticipated needs.
* Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement physician orders, nursing procedures and nursing interventions.
* Assume on-call responsibilities as per on-call needs.
* Implement physicians orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment.
* If assigned as a field nurse, perform direct patient care as relates to the plan of care.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button