Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care (ICU); PRN; Days & Night Shift; 7A-7P
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Manages critically ill patients. Provides care to patients ages 14 through elderly adults.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Tracking and evaluating patient laboratory and physical assessment parameters.
* Provides care and education with age-related needs for adolescent, young adults and elderly populations in a highly technical environment.
* Manages patient care in rapidly changing circumstances and takes action to avoid or minimize patient compromise.
* Complete management of medication and intravenous therapy. Support patient s vital signs by safely titrating medication.
* Manages equipment used to monitor multiple physiologic systems, including ventilators, intra-cranial pressure (ICP) drains, arterial lines, Swan -Ganz catheters, and intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP).
* Maintains eight (8) hours of stroke specific education yearly.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Intensive Care Unit is a 24 bed unit dedicated to providing care to the critically ill adult population; patients with conditions that are acutely life threatening and that require monitoring are admitted and treated in the Intensive Care Unit.
One year experience in critical care, would consider telemetry and step-down background.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
* Current ACLS certification required.
* TNCC and CCRN certifications recommended.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Unknown
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled