Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery (L&D); PRN; Days & Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Serves patients adolescent and adults, ages 12 -54 with a variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assesses and manages laboring woman s physical condition/parameters and progress through the labor and delivery, including significant other in the process
* Assesses fetal well being by means of electronic fetal monitoring and other standard parameters
* Immediate stabilization of the neonate
* Maternal recovery after delivery (vaginal or cesarean section)
* Assumes circulating role for vaginal or cesarean section delivery
* Assesses for and in collaboration with medical staff, stabilizes and evaluates effectiveness of interventions for obstetrical/medical complications such as:
Pre-term Premature Rupture of Membranes (PPROM)
Pre-term Labor (PTL)
Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH)
Hemolysis Elevated Liver Enzymes and Low Platelets (HELLP)
* Initiates parent infant bonding promoting a baby-friendly environment
* Assesses learning needs and teaches patient and family
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Family Birth Center (FBC) comprises of 2 floors of the Women's Center. The third floor has twenty-eight (28) beds and a Transition Nursery. The fourth floor has twenty-two (22) beds with the capability to flex up to twenty-eight (28) beds. The fourth floor has the capability of a Transition Nursery.
One year experience in high risk L&D.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
* Current NRP certification required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
* Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Electronic Fetal Monitoring education annually.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Premium Per Diem Position
Work Schedule: Other
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled